New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Can't connect to any hosts

Links used in this discussion
Arturo Alvarado, User (Posts: 3)
Aug 11, 2015 11:41:36 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Since this morning I'm unable to connect to any of my hosts, which are in different networks, so I assume the issue is centralized in the server that allows the connection by Internet ID connection.

If that is the case, when do you expect to have it back up and running?

I was able to connect to all the hosts yesterday without issue.

Currently when I try to connect it displays "Logging on..." for about 15-20 seconds, then it goes back to Idle or Offline.

Thanks,
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 11, 2015 12:20:12 pm EDT
Hello Arturo,

You are probably using version 5.x. A month ago we informed our users that they would need to upgrade to version 6 within a month until August 10, 2015. We also sent a newsletter to all free user e-mails that we have in our database.

You need to upgrade your installations to version 6. Don't worry about the free license - it's still free. You just need to upgrade the program.

In a couple of days we will restore access for another week specifically for those users of version 5.x who didn't upgrade yet and who can only remotely access their Hosts. A week will be enough for them to remotely upgrade their Hosts (we explain how) and then we'll terminate access to our servers for free license users of the version 5.x forever.

To sum it up - you need to upgrade to version 6, both Viewer and Hosts.
Aug 11, 2015 12:52:05 pm EDT
That is exactly my problem.  

I guess I missed the part that said it would no longer work.  

I usually do the "if it works don't fix it".

Can you please set the access back up today so I can update the hosts???

Thanks,
Aug 11, 2015 1:02:05 pm EDT

I usually do the "if it works don't fix it".

That's right, and that is why we notified our users beforehand.

Can you please set the access back up today so I can update the hosts???

I'm sorry, but we are planning to restore access no earlier than Thursday or even Friday. The users need to understand that it's not just a mere accidental downtime. We need to cover as many users who still have not upgraded as possible.
Harry Patel, User (Posts: 5)
Aug 11, 2015 2:29:24 pm EDT
Well, I upgraded to 6.3 but after windows 10 upgrade, icon has gone from Host and I cant connect to host, says offline, I re-installed got new ID but still no joy. My other PC with Win 10 works good.
Aug 11, 2015 2:55:57 pm EDT
Hello Harry,

Did you reboot the machine after Host installation?
Harry Patel, User (Posts: 5)
Aug 11, 2015 3:31:01 pm EDT
yes. and also between uninstall n re install.
Aug 11, 2015 4:55:11 pm EDT

Harry Patel wrote:
yes. and also between uninstall n re install.

Could you please start a ticket then, so that we wouldn't go off topic in this thread? You can do so here . Or you can just start another topic in the Windows forum.
Aug 13, 2015 11:55:03 am EDT

I'm sorry, but we are planning to restore access no earlier than Thursday or even Friday. The users need to understand that it's not just a mere accidental downtime. We need to cover as many users who still have not upgraded as possible.

Any chance of restoring access today?  Please!!! I really need it. Is there an alternate way?

Thank you.
Aug 14, 2015 12:02:51 pm EDT
Hello Arturo,

We enabled access for another week. Please, check your connectivity.

Don't forget to upgrade your remote Hosts using this tutorial.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)