New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Hide Password Box on Agent?

Christopher Greer, User (Posts: 16)
Sep 17, 2015 9:38:47 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I created an Agent.exe and I input Username / Passwords for Tech logins.  So I don't have a need for the customer to read a password to us.  We just need them to give us the ID.  Is there a way to remove the password box under the ID?  I'd feel better with it removed... since I think it would be a security issue if someone walks by their computer and uses the ID and password to log in.  So if the password box is hidden I have nothing to worry about.  

Thanks!!  RU is awesome software!!

I'm currently creating my own internet portal for Remote Tech Support at my company that utilizes RU.  Kind of like  [censored] has.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Sep 18, 2015 5:28:02 am EDT
Hello Christopher,

I created an Agent.exe and I input Username / Passwords for Tech logins. So I don't have a need for the customer to read a password to us. We just need them to give us the ID. Is there a way to remove the password box under the ID? I'd feel better with it removed... since I think it would be a security issue if someone walks by their computer and uses the ID and password to log in. So if the password box is hidden I have nothing to worry about.

Yes, that makes a good feature suggestion and in fact we recently added it to our wish list by a request from another user. Your post assures us even more that this feature is important.

Thanks!! RU is awesome software!!

Thank you for the kind words  

I'm currently creating my own internet portal for Remote Tech Support at my company that utilizes RU. Kind of like  [censored] has.

We are currently working on beta 6.5 that is going to have a lot of interesting features. So stay tuned!
Sep 19, 2015 1:49:01 pm EDT
Thanks for the reply Conrad!  I look forward to trying beta 6.5! Do you have any info anywhere on things we may be expecting from beta 6.5?  I would love to help beta test things as well if I can be of any assistance.  
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Sep 21, 2015 6:14:04 am EDT
Hi Christopher,

First and foremost it's a new permission management system that utilizes our RU Server, namely adds a new role to it. Just like a domain controller in Active Directory, our RU Server will be the central repository for user accounts and their permissions, and admins will be able to manage Host permissions centrally, rather than individually as it is now.
Sep 21, 2015 5:11:20 pm EDT
That sounds very useful.  Can't wait to try it!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)