Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.5 BETA

Links used in this discussion
Oliver Dickinson, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 25, 2016 11:00:30 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Updated my Server and a few hosts,
My idle list no longer shows any entries for either upgraded or non-upgraded hosts.
Edited:OllieD - Aug 25, 2016 11:01:47 am EDT
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3023)
Aug 25, 2016 11:33:36 am EDT
Hello Oliver,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, it's a known bug. We'll fix it in the beta 2 which is coming soon.

Beta 2 will have fixes for issues already found in beta 1, as well as a few new features and improvements.
Michal Hanzal, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 06, 2016 2:20:24 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

could you add (if not present) setting, that only one client can be connected to remote desktop?
I have PC, and 10 clients can adjust their charts, But 2 clients in same time can destroy everything.

Or only messagebox which inform, that somebody is connected to screen, and two buttons uder it:

"Connect Anyway"    and        "Leave Session"

Your RTU is best and if you add this, that it will be AWESOME !!!!!
Thank you for your job!
Sep 06, 2016 5:10:18 pm EDT
Hello Michal,

Thank you for the kind words. I will pass your suggestion along to our developers. :)
BartB, User (Posts: 41)
Sep 16, 2016 6:24:25 am EDT
Hi Conrad,

Just a little feedback on the beta Viewer. When in Task Manager, there is no scrollbar indicating that there are more items than visible and allowing you to scroll with the mouse. Scrolling with the keyboard arrow keys does work.
Sep 16, 2016 6:26:03 am EDT
One more odd thing with the Beta Host: when installing on Windows 2003 Server, I get the error below. After clicking OK, the install finishes and the Host is fully accessible and working.

---------------------------
drvinstaller32.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because DIFxAPI.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
OK  
Sep 16, 2016 10:45:37 am EDT
Hello Bart,

Thank you for your feedback.

Just a little feedback on the beta Viewer. When in Task Manager, there is no scrollbar indicating that there are more items than visible and allowing you to scroll with the mouse. Scrolling with the keyboard arrow keys does work.

We'll check it out.

One more odd thing with the Beta Host: when installing on Windows 2003 Server, I get the error below. After clicking OK, the install finishes and the Host is fully accessible and working.

Looks like an issue installing monitor and/or printer driver. I will ask our developers what that means.
Sep 17, 2016 4:51:01 am EDT
Hello Bart,

Regarding the error - this was fixed in beta 2, which is available for download https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/beta.php. Please, update your installations (Viewer, Host and Server if used).

Regarding the scrolling issue, we couldn't reproduce it. Could you please restart the remote Host if you didn't do it after the installation. Or better still, check if the issue persists after you upgrade to beta 2.
Sep 17, 2016 4:32:16 pm EDT
Hi Conrad,

I upgraded 3 machines with the latest Viewer Beta 2, two Win10 and one Win7. Both Win10 machines still do not show the scroll bar in Task Manager tool. The Win7 machine does show the scroll bar, so this may be a Win10 issue specifically. Both Win10 machines have the Anniversary Update installed.

During the upgrade of the Host app on the Win10 laptop, I enabled the Monitor driver during install and this somehow disabled my ability to dim the screen brightness on the laptop. The functionality came back as soon as I removed the Monitor driver. Also, the Host service would not start while the Monitor driver was installed. I ended up removing the Host app altogether, rebooting and re-installing it, skipping the Monitor driver part, and everything finally worked fine.
Sep 18, 2016 7:52:23 am EDT
Hello Bart,

Both Win10 machines still do not show the scroll bar in Task Manager tool. The Win7 machine does show the scroll bar, so this may be a Win10 issue specifically. Both Win10 machines have the Anniversary Update installed.

Thanks for the details. We'll make sure the Anniversary Update is installed during testing and see if we can reproduce the issue. Perhaps, it wasn't installed on the test machine that was used.

During the upgrade of the Host app on the Win10 laptop, I enabled the Monitor driver during install and this somehow disabled my ability to dim the screen brightness on the laptop.

You mean you couldn't set the brightness using "hardware" buttons on the laptop? Could you tell the laptop brand/model?

I ended up removing the Host app altogether, rebooting and re-installing it, skipping the Monitor driver part, and everything finally worked fine.

Since the monitor driver was added in this very update, some issues are possible, sorry for that. We'll be testing them and fix the driver code when necessary.

Adding the driver itself was necessary for the proper work of the "blank remote screen" feature on Windows 8/10. Without that driver installed the feature won't work properly. So if you don't use that feature you don't actually have to install the driver.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)