New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

ALT TAB switching slow

Links used in this discussion
Keash Doc, User (Posts: 5)
Oct 02, 2016 10:16:47 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

I love everything about Remote Utilities but switching between programs on the remote computer using ALT-TAB is slow - it takes about a second to switch using ALT-TAB whereas in <censored> it is instantaneous.  Is there any fix for this?  

Thanks
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 03, 2016 6:44:22 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please clarify if you use the current stable version or the latest beta? You can download beta from here https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/beta.php .
Oct 03, 2016 7:45:00 am EDT
Version 6.4.0.2
Oct 03, 2016 12:08:37 pm EDT
Hello Keash,

It's the recent beta version. Ok, and what about connection speed in general? Do you have performance issues or just the issue switching using Alt + Tab?
Oct 03, 2016 12:20:33 pm EDT
In general it seems sluggish.  Upload speed is 10 Mb/sec. Download is >70 Mb/sec so the speeds are excellent.   No other performance issues.
Oct 03, 2016 1:23:10 pm EDT
Hello Keash,

We provide general advice on how to improve performance on this page https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/slow-remote-connection-speed-performance./ . I would recommend you try to enable the "Economode" option in the connection properties. This might help with the Alt+Tab issue.
Oct 03, 2016 9:23:13 pm EDT
It is already set on Economode.   The response for <censored> and <censored> is much faster and almost instantaneous where there definately appears to be a lag with Remote Utilities which makes it partially unsuable.  This proves that its not a connection speed issue. Is there another setting I can do to make it faster?
Oct 04, 2016 8:43:39 am EDT
Hello Keash,

There is no special setting for that, but we'll see what might be causing the issue in your specific situation. Could we have a remote session?
Oct 05, 2016 8:05:12 am EDT
I would greatly appreciate that.  Is it possible we could do this early part of next week as I have a few work related projects I have to get done by next week.

Thanks again for the quick replies and offering to help me through this.
Oct 05, 2016 8:54:03 am EDT
Hello Keash,

Sure, let's schedule a time then. I will send you an email.

Have a great day!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)