Community

Connection issue

Links used in this discussion
Dmitri Sribnyi, User (Posts: 4)
Nov 03, 2016 4:23:16 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi!

I have the following issue with Remote Utilities.
I cannot connect to remote computer (host) using any type of connection (like "Full control", or "File transfer"), but RDP (via RU Viewer ) works just fine.
I tried "Internet-ID" and "Direct access", I tried to disable Antivirus and Firewall (SW and Router) - same result.
Host setup is OK - I have no any issues to connect to this host from another computer (located in a different place).
What else should I check?
All these computers running Windows 10.
regards,
Dmitri
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Nov 03, 2016 6:46:25 am EDT
Hello Dmitri,

Thank you for your message.  

Host setup is OK - I have no any issues to connect to this host from another computer (located in a different place).

Could you please clarify if this is through Remote Utilities or you mean something else?

Looking forward to your reply.
Dmitri, User (Posts: 4)
Nov 03, 2016 7:25:04 am EDT
Hi Conrad!

Yes, I did test host setup with Remote Utilities by accessing from another PC and location (using RU Viewer) - all types of connections works flawlessly - Full control, File transfer, RDP with both - Direct connection and Internet-ID.

I will enable Event logging later today to see if I have any errors.

Update: Error log shows: "<Timestamp> Connection <#Connection ID>. Error. Name: <Connection name>, host: <host id+port id>. Exception class:"EIdConnectTimeout". Message: "Connect timed out"."

regards,
Dmitri
Edited:Dmitri - Nov 03, 2016 8:20:59 am EDT
Nov 03, 2016 3:08:41 pm EDT
Hello Dmitri,

If you can connect from another Viewer then the Host is ok, and the issue may have been on the Viewer side, not the Host's.

In this case a corporate/perimeter firewall is often to blame. You might have certain outbound ports blocked on the corporate firewall level. You need to make sure they are open and that our relay server is accessible. This documentation can help:

https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/ports-used-by-remote-utilities/#public

Let me know if you figure out the cause for the issue. Thanks.
Nov 11, 2016 4:38:16 am EST
Hey Conrad!
After opening ports 5650 in FW - connection works.
But still one issue - it only works with Remote Utility security mode - but not with WinNT...
Still looking... :)
Nov 11, 2016 4:51:16 am EST
Ok, fixed, I had to add users who is enabled to login.
And now question - despite of security mode - viewer always connects to currently active user account...
Is there any way to connect viewer to specific user account? Not to the active one?
Nov 11, 2016 7:06:51 am EST
Hello Dmitri,

Dmitri wrote:

Ok, fixed, I had to add users who is enabled to login.
And now question - despite of security mode - viewer always connects to currently active user account...
Is there any way to connect viewer to specific user account? Not to the active one?

If there multiple terminal sessions (i.e. there is a terminal server running on the remote PC) then you can switch to a specific session. However, even in that case you'll still connect to the console session first and have to use a terminal session switch icon on the Full Control mode toolbar.

Please, note that it's only the existing terminal sessions that you can connect to. Remote Utilities cannot create terminal sessions for you, i.e. it cannot act as a terminal server itself.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)