New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.5 BETA

Links used in this discussion
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 27, 2016 12:09:32 pm EST

Ron Brennan wrote:

Up-to-date Windows 10 on a desktop host and local laptop using a Remote Utilities direct connection. Keeping in mind that I am a new user of Remote Utilities, a couple of problems with 6.5 beta 3:

1. Bitdefender 2017 is blocking the app at installation (Adware.GenericKD.3757840) and at other times.
Conrad has already told me that this is common with beta software and they will be contacting Bitdefender for a resolution.

2. After overriding Bitdefender, I'm unable to copy a .txt file from the local to remote or vice versa. Drag and drop shows an circle with a line through it when hovering over the destination, and left click Copy on the source after highlighting the target directory gives:

"Creating directories
Copying files
Unable to create file 'C:\country.txt'
Warnings: 1
Copying is complete"

I couldn't find the error log file this morning. Yesterday I read something like "wrong file size."

Hi Ron,

Thank you for the feedback.

1. We probably already know why that happens and in the nearest couple of days will rebuild beta 3 with other settings. That, of course, has nothing to do with any "adware" - we just need to disable some packing options that we thought would help a/v software better recognize our program. Alas, as is often with a/v software - it has an opposite effect :)  

2. Are you referring to Full Control mode or File Transfer mode?
Ron Brennan, User (Posts: 40)
Nov 27, 2016 12:55:52 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
File Transfer mode.
Nov 27, 2016 1:30:01 pm EST
Hi Ron,

Ron Brennan wrote:

File Transfer mode.

In the File Transfer window menu, click Access and select the System item. Then try copying the file again.

Let me know if the issue persists. Thanks.
Ron Brennan, User (Posts: 40)
Nov 27, 2016 3:30:45 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Yes, I'm getting the same error.

(Furthermore, I was already in an Admin account on the Viewer machine.)
Nov 27, 2016 5:23:12 pm EST

Ron Brennan wrote:

Yes, I'm getting the same error.

(Furthermore, I was already in an Admin account on the Viewer machine.)

Perhaps, we could have a remote session then (with your Viewer PC) to try to diagnose the issue. If it's ok with you, feel free to write me at support@remote-utilities.com and we'll schedule a remote session.

Thank you.
Nov 27, 2016 7:27:18 pm EST
Here is a new post in our blog about the online status feature. Hope everyone subscribed to this thread will find it useful Version 6.5: Online statuses in Viewer address book.
kennymac782641 McDonald, User (Posts: 9)
Nov 28, 2016 10:49:52 am EST
I apologize for the delayed response and it might be to late now since the new release but the specific registry key is the following:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\13A941B963765914F811F4CD6F8DD41E]
Nov 28, 2016 12:55:32 pm EST

kennymac782641 McDonald wrote:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\13A941B963765914F811F4CD6F8DD41E]

Hello,

This looks like an old issue with MSI cache not cleaned up properly.
Philippe Hamel, User (Posts: 5)
Nov 29, 2016 2:30:21 pm EST
Is there documentation on the management of synchronized address books for version 6.5 Beta3 ?

I'm unable to use/configure this feature with my viewer and my local "Remote Utilities Server" ...
Nov 29, 2016 2:56:24 pm EST

Philippe Hamel wrote:

Is there documentation on the management of synchronized address books for version 6.5 Beta3 ?

I'm unable to use/configure this feature with my viewer and my local "Remote Utilities Server" ...

Hi Philippe,

The documentation is being updated and we will publish it beginning next week.

Meanwhile, I could help you configure it. Feel free to send me a message to support@remote-utilities.com.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)