Community

Host stop after reboot

Links used in this discussion
Philippe Hamel, User (Posts: 5)
Dec 07, 2016 11:24:41 am EST
On version 6.5.0.5 (Stable release), the host does not restart after a reboot.
All my hosts have the "Startup mode" on "auto" without success (Windows 7 & 10).
Jason Unger, User (Posts: 15)
Dec 07, 2016 11:25:58 am EST
This is a bug that was known before release. Why was this not corrected?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
Dec 07, 2016 11:55:39 am EST
Hello Philippe and Jason,

Is there any antivirus software installed on the Host PC?
Dec 07, 2016 11:56:35 am EST
Yes, Eset EndPoint Antivirus on all my computers
Jason Unger, User (Posts: 15)
Dec 07, 2016 11:56:47 am EST
I haven't experienced this myself and my hosts don't have A/V. Just from watching the Beta thread.
Dec 07, 2016 12:00:09 pm EST
Philippe,

Please, try uninstalling the Host completely, then install the Host and see if the issue still there. Don't touch ESET for now, let's just see if it caused by corrupted installation or else.

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 07, 2016 12:02:45 pm EST
Hi Jason,

I haven't experienced this myself and my hosts don't have A/V. Just from watching the Beta thread.

Antivirus software is the main suspect whenever there are issues of this sort. But let's see if it's true. I can only say that we fixed everything that was promised during beta testing, but this could be another bug.
Dec 07, 2016 1:47:24 pm EST

Conrad wrote:

Philippe,

Please, try  uninstalling the Host completely , then install the Host and see if the issue still there. Don't touch ESET for now, let's just see if it caused by corrupted installation or else.

Looking forward to your reply.

Same problem after uninstalling (reboot), manual reinstallation (works successfully) and reboot ... the host does not start automatically.

I have a lots of antivirus warnings during installation (msi and rbf files) but their names change each time (really hard to set exception for this ...)
Ashley Griffin, User (Posts: 61)
Dec 10, 2016 3:35:36 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
This was a bug (i reported it), however on the stable release ive not seen this issue (using Microsoft Security Essentials for Antivirus).

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)