Community

What is the address/location of the RU public server for latency testing?

Michael Rex, User (Posts: 68)
May 19, 2017 2:55:32 am EDT
I occasionally use RU to login to headless machines every few months as needed.  When I logged into a few machines the last few days, the responsiveness has been very bad.  It makes it hard to enter passwords and other things when there is like 3-5 second delay between key press and when it appears on screen.  I've NEVER experienced lag so bad, and I regularly use TV with 2 RDP sessions.

I'd like to know the IP of the public server or at least the location so I know whether I can setup my own server closer and get better speeds.  I have a bunch of Windows servers but they have 80ms round trip latency.  

If I was a paid Mini Operator, does that get faster relay speed than if using free license?

Thanks
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
May 19, 2017 4:43:52 am EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message.

What country are you in? Specifically, where the Viewer and Host PCs are located?
Michael Rex, User (Posts: 68)
May 19, 2017 4:59:00 am EDT
Vancouver, BC Canada area for both.

Thanks
May 19, 2017 5:08:08 am EDT
Hi Michael,

We need to check this issue closer. May I move this forum thread into tickets, because we might need some log information from you etc?
MaxBlitzer, User (Posts: 68)
May 19, 2017 6:06:49 am EDT
I don't know what additional access I can have to the PC, but you can move this thread to ticket and I'll try on a best effort basis to collect some info.  I don't want to muck with their screen/display settings, sorry.

Viewer and host running Win10. The windows login screen has a random wallpaper that comes through with high quality. It looks like the relay I'm using is on US west coast and ping times are 32ms.  So it doesn't look like latency issue.
May 19, 2017 4:14:30 pm EDT
Hello Max,

I created a ticket.  Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)