Community

Touch/Tablet Issues

Charles T, User (Posts: 15)
Jun 08, 2017 1:39:04 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I installed RU onto a Think Tablet and when I remote'd in, it exhibited very odd behavior, so I'd like to pass this on..

How tablet looks:
[image no longer available]

How RU looks:

Install notification does not register touch since its virtualized, such as when you remote in:
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jun 08, 2017 3:46:15 pm EDT
Hello Charles,

Thank you for your message.

Please, try to enable "Use legacy capture mode" option in the Host Options. You may need to restart the Host after enabling the option. Then connect again and see if the problem persists.

Thanks.
Charles T, User (Posts: 15)
Jun 25, 2017 4:16:22 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Conrad,

Just wanted to let you know that the Legacy Capture works perfectly!

One thing however, is every time the tablet is restarted, they get the 'remote utilities' notification which we cannot click on.

Is there a registry key to disable that? (Asking as I am being too lazy to check)

Thanks!

Charles
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jun 26, 2017 4:54:05 am EDT
Hello Charles,

I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

One thing however, is every time the tablet is restarted, they get the 'remote utilities' notification which we cannot click on.

This message should only appear at first install. Yes, it's not clickable remotely, to avoid rogue use of the software. Only the remote user can click on it. So it appears even after restart , because it was never  clicked.

Is there a registry key to disable that? (Asking as I am being too lazy to check)

We'll soon add a fix that will ensure that this message:

1. Appears upon first connection rather than immediately after installation.
2. When first connection occurs from a Viewer registered with the "per operator standard" or "site license" key, the message will not appear at all.

This will help us find a balance between the needs of pro users who need completely silent install even with Internet-ID enabled (for direct connection a silent install is no problem) and our need to provide a legitimate tool which cannot be used for rogue activities out-of-the-box.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)