New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Printing blank pages

Links used in this discussion
kennymac782641 McDonald, User (Posts: 9)
Jul 12, 2017 9:17:19 am EDT
I have one machine with the latest viewer installed(6.7.0.2) and the host has the same version(6.7.0.2). My machine also has the latest version.

On my machine I am able to print successfully to my printer from the remote machine. However, on the machine I need this to work on it appears to work until the pages come out. When they come out they are blank. Is this simply a driver issue?

My machine is using a post script driver and I am guessing but I think the other machine is using a pcl driver. I know this feature works but something is causing it to print blank pages.

Thank you for your help.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 13, 2017 8:57:10 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your post!

I forwarded this question to our developers to see if they can provide any input. I'll get back to you soon with an answer.
Jul 13, 2017 12:26:32 pm EDT
Hi Kenny,

When printing, do you see the page preview in this window - see screenshot ?

Looking forward to your reply.
Jul 13, 2017 12:58:11 pm EDT
Conrad,
Yes I see the popup and I can tell it to print all or print selected. The printer activates and spits out a blank page even on a test page.
Edited:kennymac782641 McDonald - Jul 13, 2017 12:58:47 pm EDT
Jul 14, 2017 4:56:12 am EDT
Hello Kenny,

If you can see the preview on the Viewer side, then it should print without a problem, as this is nothing more than sending  a PNG file to your printer in a standard way.

Try to print something else on your printer directly. For example, a PNG file. Or you can also use the Save button in the preview window to save the file first and then print it.

Thanks.
Jul 20, 2017 11:17:32 am EDT
I have tried both PCL6 and PS drivers with no resolution. I can save the image and print it out but this is cumbersome for most people to understand. I am thankful that the person I am testing this on is understanding and willing to test.

Is there anything else on this one machine that could be stopping the printer from printing directly from RU Viewer?
Jul 20, 2017 1:32:14 pm EDT
Hi Kenny,

I can save the image and print it out but this is cumbersome

So it works when you save then print, and doesn't work when you print by clicking "Print all pages" or "Print selected page" buttons, correct?
Jul 20, 2017 2:38:00 pm EDT
Conrad,
That is absolutely correct. Please keep in mind that the printer does activate but spits out a blank page.
Jul 20, 2017 5:55:43 pm EDT
Hello Kenny,

Here is a test file. Please, do the following:

1. Download and run the file on the Viewer machine.

2. Click Browse and select the png file that you saved in the remote printing dialog window.

3. Try to print the file on your printer using the three buttons (first Print 1, then Print 2 and finally Print 3).

4. Let us know if you were successful with all the three buttons, or if some of them failed (and which ones).

Thanks.
Jul 31, 2017 10:48:24 am EDT
Thank you for continuing to help us out on this issue.

Test print 1 = same blank page as before
Test print 2 = same blank page as before
Test print 3 = worked but shrank the image to paper size A4 and the image is about 1/4 the size of the paper
Also Test print 3 worked only 2 out of 3 times for an unknown reason. First print worked, second print did not and third worked again. This is also causing the printer to halt due to paper size mismatch and forces user to manually continue with the print job from the printer menu.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)