New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[resolved] Remote Execute in hidden mode does not work.

Links used in this discussion
ajatol, User (Posts: 5)
Mar 23, 2013 1:50:55 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
When I am trying to run program in hidden mode the window appear on host and viewer computers. Both computers run windows 7 32 bit. What I am doing wrong ?.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 23, 2013 2:56:57 am EDT
Hello

ajatol wrote:
When I am trying to run program in hidden mode the window appear on host and viewer computers. Both computers run windows 7 32 bit. What I am doing wrong ?.

Can you please elaborate. What program are you trying to run and what specific steps do you take in Remote Utilities to do that?
Mar 23, 2013 4:19:26 am EDT
In the viewer program on my local computer I click on the icon execute.  In the window that opens, enter the path to the program on a remote computer, for example program files \ CCleaner \ Ccleaner.exe
I tick hidden option and click OK.
Then a window open to me, but on the remote computer while it should open on a local computer.
It does not matter what program I try to open, always is visible on remote PC.
Edited:ajatol - Mar 23, 2013 4:43:03 am EDT
Mar 23, 2013 2:23:35 pm EDT

ajatol wrote:
In the viewer program on my local computer I click on the icon execute.  In the window that opens, enter the path to the program on a remote computer, for example program files \ CCleaner \ Ccleaner.exe

I tick hidden option and click OK.

Then a window open to me, but on the remote computer while it should open on a local computer.

It does not matter what program I try to open, always is visible on remote PC.

You do everything right. The problem is that not every application supports "Run hidden" mode. For example, you can run Notepad in the hidden mode, and can't run Calculator in the hidden mode.

Hope that helps.
Mar 23, 2013 3:43:06 pm EDT
I have been trying many of software to run as hidden (at least 15 ) and any of them don't work like should. For example notepad run as hidden gave result no one window appear(neither local and remote computer). Then I guess the cause must be different. I will try uninstall remote utilities and install again.
Mar 24, 2013 1:52:46 am EDT
I installed a clean OS (windows 7 32 bit on both computers). I installed the host and viewer. Unfortunately still  execute program as hidden does not work, no matter what program  wants to run. Now I have no idea what is wrong. Has anyone had this problem?.
Edited:ajatol - Mar 24, 2013 1:54:09 am EDT
Mar 25, 2013 1:47:04 pm EDT

ajatol wrote:
I installed a clean OS (windows 7 32 bit on both computers). I installed the host and viewer. Unfortunately still  execute program as hidden does not work, no matter what program  wants to run. Now I have no idea what is wrong. Has anyone had this problem?.

Give us the specific program names that you have tried. All of them.
Mar 25, 2013 11:01:44 pm EDT
I tried to run the following programs on a remote computer from my local machine with the option hidden.
1. notepad (C: \ Windows \ notepad.exe does not appear any window on any computer).
2. regedit (C: \ Windows \ regedit.exe does not appear any window on any computer).
3. totcmd ver 8.01 (C: \ totcmd \ totalcmd.exe window appears on the remote computer instead of the local computer).
4. winamp ver 2.81 (C: \ Program Files \ Winamp \ winamp.exe window appears on the remote computer instead of on the local).
5. putty (C: \ putty.exe window appears on the remote computer instead of on the local).
6. everest (C:\EVEREST UE_v5.50.2100.portable.exe window appears on the remote computer instead of on the local).
7. eraser (C:\Program Files\Eraser\Eraser.exe Starts in minimized mode on the remote computer).
And many other programs with the same result.
Strange thing is that when I try to do a file transfer to the remote computer can not open the directory "documents and settings" on the remote computer and the answer is "unable to open directory". I can open other folders without a problem.
Edited:ajatol - Mar 25, 2013 11:27:11 pm EDT
Apr 01, 2013 6:16:25 am EDT

1. notepad (C: \ Windows \ notepad.exe does not appear any window on any computer).
2. regedit (C: \ Windows \ regedit.exe does not appear any window on any computer).

Yes, this is exactly how it is supposed to work. You shouldn't see the window neither on the remote PC, nor on the local PC.

If it doesn't work for other programs, it only means that these program does not support the hidden mode.

window appears on the remote computer instead of on the local

It doesn't work that way    The program executes on the remote PC. It is not supposed to appear on the local PC at all.
rafael rafa25, User (Posts: 13)
Aug 27, 2013 6:51:51 am EDT
Hello good day at version 5.5 as I hide the icon in the taskbar? as it appears in windows 7 I wanted to stay hidden.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)