New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Roadmap?

Armin Jager, User (Posts: 12)
Mar 28, 2018 12:44:36 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi @ all,

i am using RU for 1 year now and it's a great alternative to the other marketleaders. I would like to know, about your roadmap. What are the next features which will be implemented into further releases? There are no updates since 08/2017 and the viewer is not completlely bugfree, so please tell us about your future plans :)

Greetings
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 29, 2018 4:36:32 am EDT
Hello Armin,

Thank you for your post.

We never publish a detailed roadmap. But the most pressing priorities we are currently working on are as follows:

- Updated and improved authorization system based on TLS 1.2 (this will replace the current RSA+AES).
- 2-factor authentication for the Hosts and later for the self-hosted server as well
- Viewer for MacOSX (and possibly Linux)
- Updated and improved mobile version with a full-fledged address book.

These are just some of the things we are planning for the nearest future. There are also numerous fixes and little features that we are going to include with each update.
ThomasP, User (Posts: 22)
Apr 06, 2018 9:25:25 am EDT
Hello,

I agree with Armin Jager :-)

Maybe can we have a date for the next version ?

We are still waiting for a new version because of some bugs.

Regards,
Thomas
Apr 06, 2018 11:21:27 am EDT
Hi Thomas,

The next version (6.9) is almost ready for public beta. We had to delay it a bit because of the recently found issues with the server software - I mean that online/offline issue in the neighboring thread. Those should be fixed on the server within a couple of days although the program itself will also require a fix - but we'll include that fix in the version 6.9 since we are releasing it soon anyway.

Thank you for your patience.
Chad Brandenburg, User (Posts: 7)
May 06, 2018 11:27:54 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Just curious on an update?  Thank you
May 07, 2018 4:12:56 am EDT
Hello Chad,

We will publish the update on the site once it is ready. We will create a separate beta version download page.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)