New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

(Self-Hosted Server) Connection Issues

Links used in this discussion
Chad Brandenburg, User (Posts: 7)
Apr 10, 2018 3:15:40 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am using the latest version of both the viewer/host and server 6.8.0.1 / 2.6.0.3.

I have host that constantly drop and reconnect over and over again.  I have done a constant ping from the host in question to two locations at the same, not once does it come up with a bad pig or skipped ping.  Perfect the whole time.  Also only 1 of the multiple hosts on the same connection will drop and reconnect at any one time!  I have 2 hosts at the same site, when I get one to stop bouncing the other starts bouncing and the one stops.

I also have noticed that IF the site has dropped and reconnected it will still show online on the Viewer, then when you click on it, it will go offline and then back online.

Let me know what logs you would like posted and I will post them.

Thank you
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 12, 2018 4:26:14 am EDT
Hello Chad,

Currently, we are working on a 64-bit server version and it is already available for testing. I recommend that you replace your current server with a 64-bit version and test to see if you still have issues. Here is how:

1. Back up your server installation folder - just copy it elsewhere  
C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Server
2. Back up (export) server's registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities\MiniInternetId
3. Stop the server process in Windows Task Manager - look for "Remote Utilities Server (32bit)".

4. In the server installation folder run uninstall.cmd as administrator.

5. Download new files and replace the files in the server installation folder.

6. In the server installation folder run install.cmd as administrator.

7. Restart the computer. Make sure that the server process is running (it may say "RMS" in this test build).

Your server logs and data should stay intact. Please, test the new build for a while and let us know of the results.

Thanks.
Apr 12, 2018 3:19:36 pm EDT
I have updated, and testing.. Ill keep any eye on it for a bit..   Thank you!
Michael Wigle, User (Posts: 12)
Apr 13, 2018 9:00:30 am EDT
Is this something that would address my issue as well or is this different?
Apr 13, 2018 1:48:26 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Do you use a self-hosted server as well? If so, yes - feel free to test out the new 64-bit version and see if it helps fix the problem.  

Thanks.
Apr 15, 2018 11:46:15 am EDT
It is still happening, also it seems to only happens at sites that I have multiple host behind the same router.  Its almost like the routing is not working right.  Like its getting confused on what one its suppose to be talking too!  So one constantly bounces!  The patch has seem to fix my single host bouncing issues.
Apr 17, 2018 4:38:27 am EDT
Hello Chad,

We are not sure what might be causing this, apart from possible routing/network issues on the Hosts' side. Do you have a system administrator on those site/sites who could check connectivity with your server and figure out the bounces?
Apr 18, 2018 4:57:17 pm EDT
I am the system admin, One system is using a dd-wrt router, and the other is using a netgear default.  2 host behind both routers.  Only one host will bounce at any one time, never both of them  If site 1 has Host 1 bouncing Host 2 never bounces.  If you log into host 2 it will disconnect you, then host 1 will start bouncing constantly.

I also put a host on 2 more of my local LAN computers for a total of 3, and only 2 of them drop constantly at the same time.  And that is local to the host and server on the same network.

And for even more testing, I changed each one to its own port, and same result.
Edited:Chad Brandenburg - Apr 18, 2018 4:58:49 pm EDT
Rogier, User (Posts: 10)
May 17, 2018 4:01:35 am EDT
Those connnection errors are so frustrating... Argg!
(Self-Hosted Server) Connection Issues - 17 May 2018 03:58:47

I am orientating for a RUT alternative...
Edited:Rogier - May 17, 2018 4:06:42 am EDT
May 17, 2018 4:39:31 am EDT
Hi Rogier,

Could you please submit a ticket to us and provide the Host and Viewer logs. Perhaps, there is a reason behind these interruptions.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)