Community

Shortcut to Show ID on Host Instalations

Cristian Braun, User (Posts: 32)
May 04, 2018 5:27:31 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hey! Its me again.
I would like to create a shortcut on the client computer that open a simple window that shows the ID, so my client can bring it to me. Something like Agent version, or maybe just open the same tiny  window that open when i click "Internet ID Settings".
YES, i know about the tray icon, but sometimes could be simpler just to ask to double click the "remote access" shortcut..
Is there any way to do this? Ive tried with some commands but no luck.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
May 05, 2018 6:17:13 am EDT
Hello Cristian,

Unfortunately, no. Currently you can only either use the Agent or (in case you use the Host) bring up the Internet ID connection properties by right clicking on the Host icon and selecting the corresponding item from the menu.

At some point in the future we are going to redesign the Agent window though and perhaps even unify Agent and Host notification panel into a single entity. We will definitely take your suggestion into account.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions. `
May 07, 2018 9:40:54 am EDT
Thats a shame..
And what about minimize Agent to tray?

As i can see, when i start agent, it also start "rfusclient.exe /tray /user", but when i close Agent Window, it also closes that one.

I mean, Agent and Host uses the same .exes and almost in the same way, it shouldnt be difficult to do what i ask right?
I dont even mean in an update, maybe creating a .bat using the same files, just cant get with the right combination
May 07, 2018 2:15:00 pm EDT
Hello Cristian,

The Agent is supposed to work explicitly, that is it should always be visible in the taskbar. If we add a tray-only option the remote user may easily overlook the fact that the Agent is running on their PC.
May 08, 2018 12:36:12 am EDT
Well.. That makes sense :D
Keep improving this awesome software!
May 11, 2018 8:27:30 pm EDT
i just discovered that agent blocks input if UAC or password prompts..
I really need a merge between host and agent window :(
May 12, 2018 3:13:23 am EDT
Hello Cristian,

It isn't the Agent that blocks input. It's Windows that doesn't allow a program with insufficient privileges to remotely control UAC.

The good news is that in version 6.9 we'll add an ability to run the Agent with elevated privileges (provided that you know remote pc local admin account password) and "convert" it to the Host, if necessary.
May 29, 2018 7:56:47 pm EDT

Conrad wrote:

Hello Cristian,

It isn't the Agent that blocks input. It's Windows that doesn't allow a program with insufficient privileges to remotely control UAC.

The good news is that in version 6.9 we'll add an ability to run the Agent with elevated privileges (provided that you know remote pc local admin account password) and "convert" it to the Host, if necessary.

Any news about 6.9?
Just asking :)
May 30, 2018 4:55:38 am EDT
Hello Cristian,

Currently working on it , finishing steps. We will soon publish the beta on the site.

Thanks!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)