New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[resolved] Is it possible to create an executable that go through the machine id...

rafael rafa25, User (Posts: 13)
Jul 25, 2013 3:52:40 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
hello good afternoon it is possible to create an executable that go through the machine id and password to the host already installed?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Jul 25, 2013 5:22:33 pm EDT
Hello,

I have moved your topic to a new thread. Please, always create a new thread if you question is not related to any of existing threads, instead of attaching it to a random thread.

it is possible to create an executable that go through the machine id and password to the host already installed?

Could you please clarify what you mean by "go through machine id and password"?

Thanks.
Jul 26, 2013 6:12:31 am EDT
Hello I installed on a host computer to support and made a msi configurator to generate an id and password so that it does not run on the host machine already installed is to create an I generate id and password on a machine already installed on the host?
Jul 26, 2013 11:13:42 am EDT

rafael rafa25 wrote:
Hello I installed on a host computer to support and made a msi configurator to generate an id and password so that it does not run on the host machine already installed is to create an I generate id and password on a machine already installed on the host?

You do not want to overwrite the existing ID and password, correct?

If so, you need to check "Keep Internet ID" and "Keep access password" check boxes at the end of the configuration process:

[IMG]https://www.remoteutilities.com/images/forum/id-pass.png[/IMG]

Please, note that the first checks works only if you update Host 5.5 and higher. If your Host is an older version than that, the Internet ID will be overwritten. In this case you need to choose keep existing remote Host settings.

Hope that helps.
Aug 26, 2013 10:05:08 am EDT
Hello good day at version 5.5 as I hide the icon in the taskbar?
Aug 26, 2013 10:37:29 am EDT

rafael rafa25 wrote:
Hello good day at version 5.5 as I hide the icon in the taskbar?

You can hide the Remote Utilities Host icon in Host Settings -> Options -> General tab. Just uncheck the "Show icon in system tray" check box.

Please, note that this feature is only available in the commercial edition of Remote Utilities and not available in the free edition.

UPDATE: Starting 2015 hiding Host tray icon is no longer possible in Remote Utilities.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)