Community

Printing issue on viewer

Links used in this discussion
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jul 15, 2016 3:00:43 pm EDT
Hi David,

I created a ticket from this thread as we need to take a closer look and provide a personalized assistance. You will receive a ticket email notification.
Riki Alonzo, User (Posts: 10)
Oct 16, 2018 4:31:00 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi there!

The same problem here. The version at both sides is 6.8.0.1. Remote printing is enabled at host side. When you try printing some file at host, appears the popup window "Remote printing - preparing...", but then the popup is closed and no other window is shown.

The host is a Windows 10 Pro machine and the viewer is a Windows 7 Pro. The same behavior with RU beta version. Any idea?
Edited:Riki Alonzo - Oct 16, 2018 4:32:19 am EDT
Oct 16, 2018 4:44:50 am EDT
Hello Riki,

Thank you for your message.

What type of document are you printing? Is this happening with any file/document or with one specific format only?
Oct 16, 2018 5:24:03 am EDT
With any kind of document or application. I tried with different configuration at the host, but no success.
Oct 16, 2018 2:57:17 pm EDT
Hello Riki,

I see. Please, try printing to file using Microsoft to PDF or Microsoft to XPS and let me know if it works. We'll see if we can reproduce the problem.

If the file isn't confidential, you could send it to us to try it out. Or even strip it of information and then send.
Oct 17, 2018 8:08:58 am EDT
Obviously, print with Microsoft to PDF or Microsoft to XPS will always work, because they are launched at the remote host and the output file will also be at the remote host. What I want is the output were launched in some of my local printers.

If you sel ect Remote Utilities Printer fr om the Printer List, the popup "Remote printing - preparing..." is shown, but when it closes nothing else occurs.

I've been trying Remote Utilities for more than a year, and it's a bit buggy. Remote printing, file transfer or lock screen not work good or not work at all definitely.
Edited:Riki Alonzo - Oct 17, 2018 8:11:12 am EDT
Oct 18, 2018 9:15:35 am EDT
Hello Riki,

If you sel ect Remote Utilities Printer fr om the Printer List, the popup "Remote printing - preparing..." is shown, but when it closes nothing else occurs.

We can only fix the issue that we can reproduce during a test. Unfortunately, we weren't able to reproduce this one.

I've been trying Remote Utilities for more than a year, and it's a bit buggy. Remote printing, file transfer or lock screen not work good or not work at all definitely.

The only known issue with the File Transfer mode is that the remote directories are slow to open. This is a known bug (well, not actually a bug, it's the implementation) but we will fix it in one of the future updates where we will re-write this connection mode from the bottom up.

Regarding the lock screen, could you please elaborate on this problem and give us more information about what specifically is not working in your case.

Thanks!
Oct 18, 2018 9:47:05 am EDT

Regarding the lock screen, could you please elaborate on this problem and give us more information about what specifically is not working in your case.

When you click on keylock icon, remote screen and mouse are not switched off. Windows 10 in both computers.
Oct 19, 2018 5:22:45 am EDT

Riki Alonzo wrote:

When you click on keylock icon, remote screen and mouse are not switched off. Windows 10 in both computers.

Hi Riki,

Please, try the same using the "Lock host's mouse and keyboard" checkbox in connection properties and let me know if this works. You should do that before starting the session.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)