New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

No sound capture

Links used in this discussion
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 23, 2018 7:15:09 pm EDT
Hello Petar,

Well i waited patiently for beta 2, for some reason it didn't came out.

Why, it came out. Beta 2 has been around for almost a month.

Now we have official 6.9.4 and sound capture still doesn't work. Shame on you.

Have you updated both Viewer and Host?
Petar Georgiev, User (Posts: 11)
Oct 23, 2018 10:56:36 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Well, i can assure you there wasn't beta 2 either in the download section or blog.

See > https://www.remoteutilities.com/about/blog/

Yes, both viewer and host are updated to .4
Oct 24, 2018 4:55:16 am EDT

Petar Georgiev wrote:

Well, i can assure you there wasn't beta 2 either in the download section or blog.

See >  https://www.remoteutilities.com/about/blog/

Yes, both viewer and host are updated to .4

After we rolled out the final release we quite updated the headings of the blog posts so that they read version 6.9 instead of beta 2.

See our twitter messages of 24 September https://twitter.com/remoteutilities . There are still mentions of beta 2.
Oct 24, 2018 10:53:48 pm EDT
ok, this argue is pointless. Believe me or not, i've checked few times via both Check for update option in the app and the  download section of the site.

Now can we focus on no sound capturing?
Oct 25, 2018 4:31:14 am EDT

Petar Georgiev wrote:

ok, this argue is pointless. Believe me or not, i've checked few times via both Check for update option in the app and the  download section of the site.

Now can we focus on no sound capturing?

Hi Petar,

Check for update option doesn't check for betas. We wouldn't risk pushing the beta on our customers this ways since many of them use the program in production environment and stability is the key.

Regarding sound capture, we need more information.  Specifically, what exactly are you trying to capture? Is it something played back on the computer (like music) or you are trying to capture microphone input?
Oct 25, 2018 12:18:11 pm EDT
What's played on the PC. Doesn't matter the source, can be music app, video player, web browser (youtube)...it just doesn't capture the sound. This is what i have as audio devices, see attached
Attached Files
No sound capture No sound capture
Oct 26, 2018 2:26:21 pm EDT
Hi Petar,

We still couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you please send us the following screenshot (taken on the Host PC), see below:

No sound capture - 26 Oct 2018 02:26:15
Oct 27, 2018 12:19:18 am EDT
There you go
No sound capture - 27 Oct 2018 12:18:47
Oct 29, 2018 10:11:11 am EDT
Hello Petar,

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. The sound capture works exactly with the very same settings as on your Speaker properties screenshot.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)