Community

Server Address Book missing

Links used in this discussion
Manuel J Gomez, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 12, 2019 8:38:41 am EST
Steven,

Thanks for the reply.

I did happen to find my address book there however the .xml file was blank. Luckily I have a good backup and attempted to restore the file with no luck. I did perform the upgrade to the server but I am still struggling getting the address book, users, groups, and permissions to be restored.

I have a ticket opened to attempt a restore of the address book.
Steven Coleman, User (Posts: 21)
Feb 12, 2019 8:55:30 am EST
Support level: Starter
The data.xml file has all the information about the available address books, user groups and permissions. If that file is blank nothing works. I now backup that data directory anytime changes are made to my address books just to be safe. From my experience if the data.xml file is valid,  its a simple copy and paste of all the files in the data folder,  then restart the RU server to restore the previous address books and user settings.
Manuel J Gomez, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 12, 2019 9:05:10 am EST
Steven Coleman,
I'll give it a try again and see what happens.

I did try to restart services and the whole server it runs on.

Thanks again.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Feb 12, 2019 12:16:13 pm EST
Hello Manuel,

Thank you for your message.

The issue with auto-import that caused RU Server service to hang/freeze was indeed fixed back in December update. Since then there was one more update, so the current server version is 2.7.6.0. I recommend that you update your server to that version.

As Steven suggested, it is a good idea to backup the server data folder in case of failure. We didn't implement a backup option on the Server because there are numerous back up tools (including built-in Windows backup options) that can do the task much better. The folder that you need to back up is the "data" folder which itself is located in Server installation folder.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)