New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote Control

Links used in this discussion
Richard Rhodes, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 17, 2019 2:26:43 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Viewer 6.10.5.0 Host 6.10.5.0   Windows 10
Feb 17, 2019 2:28:59 pm EST
I am trying to find out what happens when using remote control to 'lock the remote computer' and if i do use that command how do i unlock the remote computer.  I cant find any documentation on that command.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 18, 2019 7:39:28 am EST
Hello Richard,

Thank you for your message.

Please specify which exact 'lock the remote computer' command do you mean. Could you also send us a screenshot? That would be helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.
Feb 18, 2019 11:33:03 am EST
Hi Polina
Its one of the options when logged into the host computer using the  'Power Control' option on the Viewer.
Sorry was not able to get a screen shot.
Richard
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 18, 2019 1:18:34 pm EST
Hi Richard,

You can use the Power Control mode to shut down, restart and lock the remote computer, or turn the remote monitor on or off. Read more about this mode in this article.

To unlock your remote PC you can send the Alt+Ctrl+Del command in Full Control or View modes, there's a button on the toolbar: Remote Control - 18 Feb 2019 01:09:34
Or you can use the keyboard shortcut to send this command: Ctrl+Alt+F12.

Also you can choose the 'Lock workstation on disconnect' checkbox in Connection Properties: Remote Control - 18 Feb 2019 01:14:37
This will lock your remote PC if it disconnects or the remote session is over.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)