New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Links used in this discussion
MALIEN, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 20, 2019 11:06:03 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I tried on 2 computers already to install host and on both i have status of connection: Connection not available. On second pc i don't have antivirus installed. I don't know what is the problem but i hope that you can help me to solve it.
Attached Files
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 20, 2019 12:40:42 pm EST
Hello Malien,

Thank you for your message.

Please refer to this Internet-ID connection troubleshooting guide.

Also please try to check your Host log. More information about Host log is available here.

Hope that helps.
Toby Mguire, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 20, 2019 12:55:12 pm EST
In logs file i see this message:

Error code: 1

Address: id.remoteutilities.com; 443;
Connect timed out. (EIdConnectTimeout)
Feb 20, 2019 2:33:10 pm EST
Hello Tobi,

It seems that the issue might be caused by a firewall blocking the address id.remoteutilities.com or outbound ports, which are used by the Host. You can find a list of ports used by Remote Utilities for Internet-ID connections here: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/ports-used-by-remote-utilities/#Internet-ID_connection_ports
Please note that you need to have at least one of the outbound ports opened: 5655 or 443 and according to the article I linked above and your log file, you seem to have both ports or the address id.remoteutilities.com blocked by a firewall.

The issue might also happen if the DNS resolution doesn't work properly on your Host PC. I recommend that you flush the DNS cache on the Host PC by executing this command: ipconfig /flushdnsusing the command line interface.

Please let me know if the problem persists.
Trent, User (Posts: 56)
Feb 20, 2019 2:47:32 pm EST
We are seeing "connection not available" right now as well from the hosts and my viewer shows all hosts offline.   I think the RU internet ID servers are experiencing some issues.  Others in our remote offices are reporting the same.
Trent, User (Posts: 56)
Feb 20, 2019 3:00:16 pm EST
Looks like everything is back online now!
Feb 20, 2019 3:11:57 pm EST
Hello Trent,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, I checked with my co-workers. It was a maintenance server reboot. Now the server is back up and running.

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Feb 21, 2019 12:40:39 am EST
Ok i will try to do these steps. But this modification came with newer version? Because before i never encountered a situation like this. All the time it worked fine after installation.
Feb 21, 2019 10:02:39 am EST
Hello Tobi,

We didn't change the outbound ports or server addresses since our previous versions.
Please check if the problem with your Host persists. We had a maintenance server reboot at that time you left a message. It might affected your Host as well.

Hope that helps.
Feb 23, 2019 4:26:12 am EST
Yes, still persist. I tried to turn off firewall and tried on different computers and host still have status: Not available. I also tried and old version of host and in logs i still see this error

23.02.2019---10:47:24:572 96 Internet-ID: Unable to connect to ID server. Address: id.remoteutilities.com; Port: 443; Connect timed out.(EIdConnectTimeout)
23.02.2019---10:47:29:573 96 Internet-ID ErrorCode <> 0 Error code: 1

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)