Community

Host service does not restart & mobile App fails to reach Host via RU

Links used in this discussion
Mo S, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 07, 2019 3:44:31 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Greetings,
I've installed a RU Server, one Host and one Viewer. Host authorizations have been enabled for Single Password and "Custom server security". Overall, everything works as expected. However, I've noticed two issues:
1- From Viewer Connection (right click drop down menu), if I apply a change to Host's remote settings, the Host "service" stops and does not restart, unless started again manually. Note, the Host is a VM on a Windows server 2008.

2- Viewer to Host connection via Windows works. However, connection from either iOS/Android App to the same Host fails.
Log shows connection from the App to RU Server (ID server) is "OK". However, connection to Host (which has been assigned an Internet ID) has failed.

Any thoughts or comments is appreciated!
Mo-
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Mar 07, 2019 4:49:53 pm EST
Hello Mo,

Thank you for your message.

the Host "service" stops and does not restart, unless started again manually

The issue might occur because of a Windows Server and its security policies. The service might not always restart properly on a Windows Server if there are any security policies are set that might prevent it from starting.  Before we proceed troubleshooting, please try to follow this guide: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/host-service-won-t-start/

However, connection from either iOS/Android App to the same Host fails.

Please refer to our knowledge base article on common issues and their solutions when you cannot connect over the Internet using an Internet-ID connection.

Hope that helps.
Mo S, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 07, 2019 5:49:34 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Thanks Polina!
I resolved the Host service issue by modifying the Recovery procedure. Changed it to restart again after failure. It's working now.

Regarding the Apps, neglected to mention that I've enabled the Pin Code option on the RU Server. However, there is no Pin Code field the Apps. Could the connection failure be related to Pin Code?

Thanks.
Edited:Mo S - Mar 07, 2019 6:04:26 pm EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Mar 08, 2019 10:50:52 am EST
Hello Mo,

Could the connection failure be related to Pin Code?

No. Whether your enable PIN code on the server or not doesn't affect your ability to connect from the mobile client.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)