New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Host window zoom out

Links used in this discussion
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Mar 27, 2019 11:58:07 am EDT
Is there a way, without changing the settings of the host to zoom in and zoom out? For example, if the host monitor is HUGE, I want to be able to zoom out so that I can see the full desktop without changing the host resolution properties
Mar 27, 2019 12:28:23 pm EDT
How about rebooting into Safe Mode with Network Support?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 27, 2019 4:55:42 pm EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

Is there a way, without changing the settings of the host to zoom in and zoom out? For example, if the host monitor is HUGE, I want to be able to zoom out so that I can see the full desktop without changing the host resolution properties

Sure, there is a way to adjust the Host monitor size. To do so, click the Menu on the toolbar and sel ect the Stretch view mode. The remote screen will be shrunk to fit your monitor.
Host window zoom out - 27 Mar 2019 04:40:32

How about rebooting into Safe Mode with Network Support?

You can enable this feature when connecting in the Power Control mode. To enable the feature please do the following:
1. On the General tab select Power Control and double-click on a connection or right-click on the connection icon and select Power Control fr om the menu.
2. The Power Control window will open. Select the Restart in Safe Mode with networking option:
Host window zoom out - 27 Mar 2019 04:44:04
Here's a related Documentation article: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/power-control/

Hope that helps.
Mar 27, 2019 5:11:52 pm EDT
Ok, I found the reboot in Safe Mode and I found the stretch, BUT it WOULD be nice if there was an actual zoom view feature.. It would be a lot more smooth if that makes any sense..
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 27, 2019 5:20:24 pm EDT
Hi Rob,

Thank you for your suggestion. May I ask, if you mean some sort of a magnifying glass feature?
Mar 27, 2019 5:22:21 pm EDT
Yes or a slider
Mar 27, 2019 5:23:57 pm EDT
In one tool I used to use, it had a slider or percentages
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 27, 2019 5:36:30 pm EDT
Hi Rob,

We will add your suggestion to our wish list. Thank you.
Mar 27, 2019 5:40:03 pm EDT
Thank you

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)