Community

Automatic login on host

Links used in this discussion
Robert Gray, User (Posts: 3)
May 06, 2019 12:53:16 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi, I've just installed Remote Utilities for Android on my Samsung, and Remote Utilities on my Windows 7 computer.
Is it possible to login remotely to my host, such as after a reboot? Sorry for layman's terms, but in an attempt to be clear: If I want to reboot during a remote session and then regain control of the host unattended. Or does someone have to be present at the host to log in?
Thanks in advance for any help - and your patience!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 06, 2019 5:00:20 pm EDT
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your message.

Is it possible to login remotely to my host, such as after a reboot? Sorry for layman's terms, but in an attempt to be clear: If I want to reboot during a remote session and then regain control of the host unattended. Or does someone have to be present at the host to log in?

Sure, it's possible, but only if you use the Host module. For more information please refer to this Documentation article on unattended support.
Also, please check that the startup mode of the Host service is set to Auto.

Hope that helps.
May 06, 2019 11:20:48 pm EDT
Hi Polina,
Thanks so much for your prompt, polite and helpful response.
Doh! It looks like auto login was checked as the default.
And it worked like a charm after my 2nd reboot.
Thanks so much for the fantastic help.
Best

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your message.

Sure, it's possible, but only if you use the Host module. For more information please refer to this Documentation article on unattended support .
Also, please check that the  startup mode  of the Host service is set to  Auto .

Hope that helps.

Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 07, 2019 9:51:46 am EDT
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

Please don't hesitate to post another message if you need assistance.
May 07, 2019 9:59:21 am EDT
<3

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)