New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

resolution gets reset

Links used in this discussion
Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 50)
Jul 03, 2019 9:23:20 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
on top of the screen redraw very slow issue  I posted about earlier another very very annoying issue is the resolution/size constantly becomes rest. what I mean by that is I have mode set to stretch, 90% of the time the window becomes the size of a postage stamp and I constantly need to resize and make it bigger, this happens mostly when the remote pc is rebooted but it happens other times as well. very very annoying to say the least. I like RU a lot but I dont think I can continue to use it with these very annoying issue,  I began using dualmon and think its much better for my needs. I like RU for my local systems since it allows WOL, but its too annoying to use.  plus your whole concept is stuck in the dark ages. no Linux versions, no web access, no nas integration. I could go on and on... I really dont think you'll last long if you keep things the way they are.

good luck to you

Take care

Michael Taylor
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 04, 2019 11:51:50 am EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your feedback.

what I mean by that is I have mode set to stretch, 90% of the time the window becomes the size of a postage stamp and I constantly need to resize and make it bigger, this happens mostly when the remote pc is rebooted but it happens other times as well.

Could you please clarify if the connection window size changes each time you connect to the same Host or is it the remote machine screen size? Also, it would be helpful if you could provide a screenshot or a short video of the issue. You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com.

no Linux versions, no web access, no nas integration. I could go on and on...

We will certainly consider adding such ability to the web account. As for the Linux version: this year we are going to release Agent/Host for MacOSX, which may also mean Agent/Host for Linux.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 50)
Jul 05, 2019 5:45:39 pm EDT
here is a screenshot. this constantly happens and I have to drag the box to a larger size. (see screenshot)
Attached Files
resolution gets reset
Jul 08, 2019 10:39:56 am EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the screenshot.

Please try enabling the Override DPI scaling checkbox in Viewer shortcut properties, as shown on the screenshot below:
resolution gets reset - 08 Jul 2019 10:39:16

Let me know if the issue persists.
Colin Faulkner, User (Posts: 14)
Jul 10, 2019 11:42:27 am EDT
I have the same issue I think....
Remote viewer has worked great for a long time, but in the past few days has started to launch the remote desktop at a minimal size, see attached s/shot.
I tried the fix you posted.
Any further thoughts?
Attached Files
resolution gets reset
Jul 10, 2019 12:32:47 pm EDT
Hello Colin,

Thank you for your message.

Please try deleting the Viewer configuration file (config_4.xml) which you may find in the %appdata%\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings/options and might fix the issue. Your address books won't be affected by this action.

Hope that helps.
Jul 10, 2019 12:43:23 pm EDT
No but it did remove my license file!
Problem still the same: closing and re-opening RMU defaults to a small remote desktop.
Same happens if the connection is open when the laptop goes into/out of sleep.
Attached Files
resolution gets reset
Jul 10, 2019 12:49:50 pm EDT
The host on the remote PC was updated to your latest a few days ago to v6.10.9.0
If I log into another PC with the old host (v6.10.3.0) it behaves as normal and opens to the original desktop size.
How can I downgrade a host?
Jul 10, 2019 12:52:05 pm EDT
So the problem is the host......
Jul 10, 2019 3:29:48 pm EDT
Hello Colin,

The host on the remote PC was updated to your latest a few days ago to v6.10.9.0

Could you please clarify what versions of the Viewer/Host are used? The latest version is 6.10.10.0 and it was released on July 2, 2019. It's available for the download here.
If the older versions of the RU are used or if there's a version mismatch between Viewer and Host - please try updating both Viewer and Host and let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)