Community

resolution gets reset

Links used in this discussion
Colin Faulkner, User (Posts: 14)
Jul 11, 2019 4:35:18 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
The viewer I am using is still 6.10.9.0, the problem host is also 6.10.9.0
The host that works with my 6.10.9.0 viewer is 6.10.3.0.......
I will try updating to your latest 6.10.10.0 (but leave the working PC) to see if that sorts the problem.
Jul 11, 2019 5:01:11 am EDT
Still the same I'm afraid.
Run the viewer and double click on the host.
Remote desktop loads, then shrinks to minimum size.
Expand viewer window - as in 'After upgrade to 6.10.10.0(1)'
Close viewer, which closes host desktop.
Run viewer again and double click on the host.
Again Remote desktop loads, then shrinks to minimum size as in 'After upgrade to 6.10.10.0(2)'
Doing the same on the PC with viewer is 6.10.3.0 is fine....
Attached Files
resolution gets reset resolution gets reset
Jul 11, 2019 5:26:01 am EDT
Downgrading the host on the remote PC to 6.10.3.0 (I had an old copy) worked - the screen now stays as it was when the connection is closed.
Thew question is why the newer host software does not retain the session remote window size......
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Jul 11, 2019 10:10:47 am EDT
Hello Colin,

Thank you for the provided details.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. However, I forwarded this issue to our 2nd tier and development and asked for their input.

I will get back to you with their answer.
Jul 11, 2019 11:22:43 am EDT
Hello Colin.

In addition, could you please clarify if the Normal view mode or the Stretch view mode is used in the Full control window?

Looking forward to your reply.
Jul 11, 2019 11:46:51 am EDT
Stretch view.
My viewer laptop is 1920x1080, PC with problems 1280x1024, so 'stretched' it fits on screen.
Other PC is 3840x2160, so it's 'shrunk'.
Both hosts are now running OK (not reverting to a small desktop) using 6.10.3.0 host.
Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 50)
Jul 12, 2019 8:09:37 pm EDT
I tried your fix, it doesnt work,  still  happens, I just performed a simple upgrade and every single one of my systems got reset to postage size when they came back online, and screen paints are very slow as per the other recent ticket I mentioned

RU is too unstable, unpredictable, inconvenient and unreliable for me. I will be migrating all my systems and customer systems to Dualmon.

I used to love RU but as per above its unusable and would not be able to recommend to my clients/customer

good luck to you maybe ill check it out in a few years hopefully you get things working properly.

take care

Michael
Jul 15, 2019 11:28:39 am EDT
Hello Colin,

Thank you for the clarification.

Sorry for the late reply, my message seems to not to appear somehow. However, I have forwarded all the information you provided to the development team and we're currently investigating into it.
Also, it would be very helpful if you could send us your address book file. By default, the general address book file is stored in this location: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\connections_4.xml. You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com if it's convenient for you. Of course, you will need to change the credentials afterward for security reasons.

Jul 15, 2019 11:30:16 am EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry for the caused inconvenience. We're currently looking into the issue, so if it's an option for you, could you please send us your address book file as well? It would be very helpful.

Jul 19, 2019 6:02:13 pm EDT
Hello,

This is to inform you that we managed to reproduce the issue. The fix will be implemented in the nearest update.
Meanwhile, here is a workaround that can help temporarily fix the problem:
1. In the main Viewer window please navigate to the Tools tab and select Options.
2. Navigate to the Remote screen section and select the Tabbed view checkbox as it's shown on the screenshot below.
resolution gets reset - 19 Jul 2019 05:55:41

Let us know if it worked. Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)