Community

Send Ctrl-alt-del not always working

Links used in this discussion
Jeff Peterson, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 23, 2014 3:07:22 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I'm testing out the software and its going fairly well so far with one snag.  I've got a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 2008R2 server set up.  I can remote into the Windows 7 machine and hit the "send ctrl-alt-del" and get the login screen, but doing the same thing on the 2008 server is failing - it just ignores it.  I can send it with another remote control program, it just isn't working with Remote Utilities.  Is there anything I need to know or set for it to work correctly?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jan 23, 2014 3:26:50 pm EST

Jeff Peterson wrote:
I'm testing out the software and its going fairly well so far with one snag. I've got a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 2008R2 server set up. I can remote into the Windows 7 machine and hit the "send ctrl-alt-del" and get the login screen, but doing the same thing on the 2008 server is failing - it just ignores it. I can send it with another remote control program, it just isn't working with Remote Utilities. Is there anything I need to know or set for it to work correctly?

Hello Jeff,

To send Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC, please use the corresponding command button/icon on the toolbar in the Full Control mode
Jeff Peterson, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 23, 2014 4:28:14 pm EST
That's what I'm doing.  As I mentioned, it works fine on the Windows 7 machine, but not on the 2008 machine.
Jan 23, 2014 5:04:21 pm EST

Jeff Peterson wrote:
Windows 2008R2 server

Jeff,

Perhaps, the Ctrl+Alt+Del simulation is prohibited by Windows security settings on the remote PC. Can that be the case?  
greenseed666 ., User (Posts: 2)
Jan 25, 2014 4:22:09 pm EST
could it be that
Jan 25, 2014 4:42:57 pm EST

greenseed666 . wrote:
could it be that

Yes. Should be "enabled". In security settings for the local machine.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)