New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

host email with attachment

Links used in this discussion
Ginger Goins, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 30, 2019 1:14:40 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am a remote user on a host computer and wish to send myself an email from the host that includes an attachment of documents from the host computer. It won't open the window for attachments.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 30, 2019 3:09:23 pm EDT
Hello Ginger,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if the window is visible on the remote Host machine? Please try enabling the Capture alpha-blending windows feature. Here is a related KB article: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/some-windows-or-menus-are-not-visible/ Hope that helps.

Also, you can try using the File transfer mode. For more information on the File transfer connection mode please refer to this article: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/file-transfer/

Hope that helps.
Ginger Goins, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 06, 2019 7:00:18 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I tried the solutions in your email. Here is my problem:
1. I am the remote user  - I logged into my host and did some work on that computer. When I tried to email myself a document from the host computer it wouldn't attach. I didn't even get the attach menu from the host's email.  I logged out and used an old program from another source to remote in. That one always let me attach documents to an email. I attempted to attach a document and it doesn't open the menu.
2. I restarted the host computer, thinking maybe that would keep the solution you offered. Now it won't open RU's program at all - even to a menu to log in with a password. It says Unable to connect - and it tries 5 times.
I am at a loss as to what to do next. I need to work (I'm a remote worker), and it won't let me use the program effectively. I was able to print from the host computer to a host's printer, but the lack of ability to attach a document to an email is a real critical element that I need.
Any other suggestions?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 07, 2019 10:39:16 am EDT
Hello Ginger,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if I'm right in assuming that you're connecting to the remote Host PC from the Viewer on your computer?
Also, please clarify what email client is used when the issue occurs?

It says Unable to connect - and it tries 5 times.

Could you please also clarify what type of connection is used to establish a connection to the remote machine - a direct connection or an Internet-ID connection?
When the connection type is determined, please try referring to this troubleshooting guides:
1. This one if the direct connection is used.
2. This one if the Internet-ID connection is used.
If you have tried all the solutions listed in the related troubleshooting guide, but the issue still persists, please let me know, so we can continue to further troubleshoot the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)