Community

Error to RDP-connection

Links used in this discussion
Mishal Leontiev, User (Posts: 9)
Oct 02, 2019 12:16:56 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi.

I have an error to RDP-connection.

I successfully connect to remote host by RDP. But after some seconds it's disconnected and I can't to reconnect to host.
When I direct connect to host I see that's very slow working on auth window. But when I login - host is working normal (not slow).
I used last versions host soft (on Win7) and viewer(Win10).
Please, help me.
Oct 02, 2019 12:18:24 am EDT
I use RDP-over-ID and custom RDP port.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2993)
Oct 02, 2019 4:39:49 pm EDT
Hello Mishal,

Thank you for your post.

This disconnecting is a known issue which may happen in certain situations. We will see if we can fix this issue in the future. For now I can tell that this "bug" is not directly related to Remote Utilities, it's how RDP works together with RU and specifically the Internet-ID "tunnel" .

Sorry if this makes the program less useful for you.
Oct 03, 2019 12:26:54 am EDT
Hi.

What do you mean by "works together with RU"?
How can I fix this bug on RDP-over-ID before official fix?
Oct 03, 2019 1:34:12 pm EDT
Hi Mishal,

Perhaps I could phrase it better. I just mean that RDP isn't our technology, it's a technology from Microsoft. When coupled with our ID feature there are some issues that need to be addressed. We cannot provide an immediate fix, I am sorry for that.
Oct 04, 2019 4:17:52 am EDT
Hi, Conrad.

In your response I saw no RU and any recommends to fix.
In local lan or vpn I have no RDP disconnects and errors to connect just after disconnect.
Edited:Mishal Leontiev - Oct 04, 2019 4:20:14 am EDT
Muhammad Ibrahim, User (Posts: 3)
Oct 06, 2019 7:27:17 am EDT
Is it any better if you host your own RUServer and let the rdp connection go through that?
Oct 07, 2019 8:18:10 am EDT
Hello,

Is it any better if you host your own RUServer and let the rdp connection go through that?

Strictly speaking the way RDP-over-ID works with RDP protocol doesn't depend much on whether our hosted server or RU server is used.

In local lan or vpn I have no RDP disconnects and errors to connect just after disconnect.

The issue described here only applies to RDP-over-ID, i.e. when RDP is used through the "Internet-ID tunnel".
Oct 08, 2019 2:27:48 am EDT
Hi.

As I see there is no way to fix my error until new version.
When is the new version come in?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2836)
Oct 08, 2019 3:32:01 pm EDT
Hello Mishal,

Thank you for your message.

The issue you've encountered is related to the keep-alive settings on the terminal side. As a temporary workaround please try changing the keep-alive settings or use one of the standard Remote Utilities connection modes instead of RDP.

I'm sorry if this makes the program less useful for you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)