New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Remote Utilities 6.12 Beta

Links used in this discussion
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 03, 2020 10:12:10 am EST
Version 6.12 beta has been released:

Download beta
What's new

Please, post your feedback and suggestions in this thread.

Thank you!
MJ Storm, User (Posts: 9)
Feb 05, 2020 3:05:37 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Been using for a day no issue's yet. feature change for the future would like to see username in the authorized server display instead of the computer name.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 05, 2020 4:34:20 pm EST
Hello MJ,

Thank you for your feedback!

feature change for the future would like to see username in the authorized server display instead of the computer name.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it to our developers for the review and we'll see if this feature can be added to our roadmap.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Dylan Law, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 16, 2020 6:07:22 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Just wanted to confirm that this is working perfectly on the latest Windows 10 build and fixes all previously reported issues from this thread - Link

Many thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 17, 2020 8:15:06 am EST
Hello Dylan,

Thank you for the feedback!

Please let us know if you have other questions. We're happy to assist!
MaxBlitzer, User (Posts: 68)
Feb 22, 2020 11:26:00 pm EST
FYI, I see RU Server 2.9.1.0 beta version posted, but wasn't included in the release notes page.

Also, the changelist for 6.12 looks like fixes for stuff that's been annoying for a while, so looking forward to trying the update.

Thanks
Feb 22, 2020 11:35:29 pm EST
Also, when updating RU Server, it looks like it cannot properly close and update RU files and pops up a message that a reboot maybe (is?) necessary.  Having a smoother upgrade process that doesn't require a reboot would be preferred for self hosted servers.

Best regards
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 24, 2020 5:12:26 am EST
Hello Max,

FYI, I see RU Server 2.9.1.0 beta version posted, but wasn't included in the release notes page.

There was in fact one change that is also mentioned in releases notes for Remote Utilities. Here it is:

Added: Viewer-to-RUServer and Host-to-RUServer authorization is now TLS 1.2 based instead of RSA, which makes authorization on the server significantly faster

Also, when updating RU Server, it looks like it cannot properly close and update RU files and pops up a message that a reboot maybe (is?) necessary. Having a smoother upgrade process that doesn't require a reboot would be preferred for self hosted servers.

This is standard for many running services. You may notice the same when updating the Host, for example. Just click OK in prompt windows. Reboot may not be necessary.
Mar 02, 2020 8:26:35 pm EST
It would be better if the viewer could update hosts to 6.12 instead of 6.10.10. You're going to get less beta testing if you need to manually update it out of band on the host directly instead of remotely.

So far, an issue I've run into that I didn't run into or notice before, is that when I click into a Viewer session, the initial mouse click is several inches to the left of where I click, and its super frustrating when you go to click into a window and your click takes effect somewhere else on the screen, taking the main window out of focus.
Mar 02, 2020 8:34:37 pm EST
err, this is annoying. There is a "modify" option to my previous post, but when I go to edit/save the changes, it says I have insufficient permissions.

So, I would have added:

Edit: I just did a host upgrade over RDP from 6.10.10 to 6.12.1. It was in the process of installing, I walked away and when I came back, the final screen saying the installation was finished was 90% off the screen and needed to be dragged back to the center of the screen.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)