New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Connection problem - all computers (hosts) OFFLINE

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 17, 2020 12:11:17 pm EDT
Hello Leszek,

Thank you for submitting a report to the ISP.

Please, let us know what the ISP says when you get their reply.
Leszek Chmielewski, User (Posts: 9)
Mar 17, 2020 4:24:17 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
If anyone else in Poland connecting through Orange has this problem, please report it to Orange. I did, in fact twice.

The main issue is that
>ping id.remoteutilities.com
returns "Request timed out", although the IP address of this DNS server is found properly. With tracert it can be readily seen that the packets get stuck somewhere on the way.

BTW, the IP of id.remote.. is 108.163.130.184. The last server in tracert for this IP is 80.50.18.105, an Orange server. Both these addresses are listed as blacklisted by dnsbl.spfbl.net . Interesting.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 17, 2020 4:41:39 pm EDT
Hi Leszek ,

Thanks for sharing this information. We will contact the black list provider now and try to fix the problem asap.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 18, 2020 7:15:29 am EDT
Hello everyone,

Indeed there was an incorrect reverse DNS for that IP address (perhaps, inherited from previous IP address owners). Unfortunately, the hosting provider didn't clean that up. So thank you, Leszek, for bringing our attention to this issue.

Now we updated the reverse DNS record to id.remoteutilities.com and you can ask Orange to stop blocking our IP address.

PTR check results

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Mar 18, 2020 7:02:06 pm EDT
Thanks for this move. The time Orange promised to solve the problem ends tomorrow morning. If not, I will continue urging them. As you see, Orange servers are also blacklisted; I wonder if they know.

It would be funny to have to use a VPN to access a service, while having a fast and otherwise quite good connection!
Mar 22, 2020 2:17:09 pm EDT
The problem is gone. I have just noticed.

Thanks to all who have helped!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 23, 2020 2:57:02 pm EDT
Hello Leszek,

We're glad to hear we were able to help!

Please feel free to contact us if you have more questions. We're happy to help!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)