New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

changing lock screen password

Links used in this discussion
Ajoy Chundee, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 17, 2020 1:12:01 pm EDT
Hi all,

Apologies for such a silly, simple question, but I can't find the answer in-app or online. I have somehow set a lock password on the viewer software (on my desktop), and I would like to set this up on my laptop now. However, I can't find where I set this. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 17, 2020 5:16:26 pm EDT
Hello Ajoy,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what exact password in Viewer do you mean? Am I right in assuming that you mean the password for the remote Host or do you mean something else? It would be very helpful if you could provide us a screenshot of the password window - you could hide all sensitive details or send the screenshot to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 17, 2020 5:58:31 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

Thanks for coming back to me. So in the viewer, in the top right hand corner, there is my username (that I am logged into my server as), and then to the left of that there is a padlock with the word "lock" next to it. If I click that, it locks the viewer software, and I cannot see the hosts without putting a password in. This is the password that I'd like to change please.

Hopefully this is enough info, but please see attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Ajoy.
Attached Files
changing lock screen password
Mar 18, 2020 9:55:37 am EDT
Hello Ajoy,

Thank you for the provided details.

This Lock button actually appears when you have the address book encryption feature enabled in the Viewer Options. In order to enable this feature, please navigate to the Tools tab in the main Viewer window and select Options. In the Options window navigate to the Protection tab and enable the Encrypt address book checkbox and set the protection password:
changing lock screen password - 18 Mar 2020 09:52:29

Then you will be able to enable additional options. For more information on the additional options please refer to this Documentation page.

Hope that helps.
Mar 18, 2020 1:47:51 pm EDT
Thank you, Polina. That has answered my question.
Mar 18, 2020 5:32:44 pm EDT
Hello Ajoy,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions. We're happy to assist!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)