Community

Not prompted for NT Authorization credentials from Host

Links used in this discussion
Martin Lachat, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 07, 2020 11:46:53 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am using windows 10 pro or home and having the same issue. Windows 7 works fine. The credentials screen flashes by and then I see incorrect password. I have tried 6.10 and the beta.
Martin Lachat, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 07, 2020 12:14:10 pm EDT
Where do I get the new file listed in this post?

Polina Krasnoborceva, Support (Posts: 696)

Mar 24, 2020 9:12:53 am EDT

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

This is to inform you that we've managed to reproduce the issue and implement a fix for it. We've sent a link for the download of the test version of the Viewer with the implemented fix to your emails.

Please try replacing the original Viewer executable file rutview.exe in the Viewer installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Viewer with the new test version executable. We recommend that you rename the original rutview.exe, for example, rutview_old.exe and copy the new test version of rutview.exe to the same folder.
Jenni Armstrong, User (Posts: 14)
Apr 07, 2020 12:46:50 pm EDT
Same question. I don't see where we're supposed to find this new exe.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 07, 2020 3:04:21 pm EDT
Hello Martin and Jenni,

Thank you for your messages.

Martin, we've just sent you the link for the download of the test version of Viewer via email. Please check if you have received the email.

Jenni, an email with the link for the download of the test Viewer was sent to the email address associated with your account on the Remote Utilities Community forum. However, we've just sent it to the same address once again. Could you please double-check if you have received the email from us?

Hope that helps.
Bjorn Aannestad, User (Posts: 3)
May 03, 2020 8:24:41 pm EDT
I believe I have the same issue... when connecting to the host, the dialog which asks for user/password/domain on my remote client just flashes up and disappears.... I'd like to try the "fixed" version.   Thanks!
May 03, 2020 9:51:01 pm EDT
Should add, when the NT Authentication box appears, I can sometimes just catch sight of a message like "invalid certificate" before it disappears,
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
May 05, 2020 3:48:29 pm EDT
Hi Bjorn,

This bug has been fixed in the upcoming beta of Remote Utilities for Windows. The updated beta version (Beta 2) will become available within 24 hours here.

Thanks.
May 06, 2020 10:32:04 pm EDT
The beta 2 seems to have solved this, thank you!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
May 07, 2020 8:29:08 am EDT
Hello Bjorn,

We're glad to hear we were able to help!

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)