Community

How can I get RemoteUtilities to support keyboard shortcuts in general

Links used in this discussion
Knut Singer, User (Posts: 8)
May 06, 2020 9:49:17 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I had a similiar problem:

I just wanted to use Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v on the remote machine. This did not work - and - beeing in hurry - I could not find a way to make it work - so I asked the person on the remote machine to do this for me.

But how can I enable these essential shortcuts for remote use in RU?

Thank you..
Edited:Knut Singer - May 06, 2020 9:49:42 am EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
May 06, 2020 4:23:25 pm EDT
Hello Knut,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try updating Remote Utilities to the latest 6.12 Beta 1 version and see if the issue persists after the update. The issue with certain keys not working was fixed in this update. 6.12 Beta 1 version is available for the download here.

Hope that helps.
Knut Singer, User (Posts: 8)
May 07, 2020 8:47:57 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
hello Polina,

thank you for your E-Mail.

Isn't it possible, that there is only something in the settings, that I have to fix in this stable non-beta version?

I would prefer to stay with this stable version, as I cannot create my own agent with the beta - as far as I experienced..
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
May 07, 2020 1:34:24 pm EDT
Hello Knut,

Please note that we have just released a newer beta version of Remote Utilities - 6.12 Beta 2 with an implemented MSI Configurator tool that allows you to create a custom Agent package. Here's a list of release notes: https://www.remoteutilities.com/product/release-notes.php

Before we proceed to further troubleshooting I recommend that you install the latest beta as an issue with similar behavior was already fixed in the previous beta version. If the problem persists even with the latest beta, we'll see further what it might be.

However, you might also try using a vanilla Agent and Portable Viewer to check if the issue still persists or not before updating your current installations.

Version 6.12 Beta 2 of Remote Utilities is available for the download on this page. Please, make sure that you upgrade both parts - i.e. Viewer and Host - to avoid version mismatch that might also lead to performance issues and some features not working.

Please let us know if the issue persists after updating to the 6.12 Beta 2 version.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)