New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Host randomly freezes when in 'full control' mode.

Links used in this discussion
Anthony Johnston, User (Posts: 1)
May 19, 2020 11:26:39 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Was perfect on an older release for a good year..  updated to 6.x? started having issues.. now at latest ver.
Ver 6.10.10.0
Re-installed at both ends.
If I sel ect RDP instead of 'Full control' it works flawlessly .. no freezes
If I select 'Full control' it works for 10-15 minutes fine.. then at some point it freezes, mouse moves but host is unresponsive. closing and opening viewer doesn't help. loggoin out and back in doesn't help..
You CAN send a ctrl/alt/del and it returns with the menu.. you can select say 'task manager' and it appears.. but mouse/kbd still unresponsive..  Clock on host is still ticking over on the viewer screen.. so screen is still actively being displayed..  tried viewing fr om a different PC.. same deal.
removed AV software to test.. still happens (have put back on now)
if I re-connect as RDP session.. it is alive and working fine again..
I can then disconnect RDP session and re-connect as 'Full control' and it's fine till next hang..
Some setting in the new version?  a bug?
please advise..
thanks
AJ
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 20, 2020 12:45:05 pm EDT
Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please confirm that the issue occurs when using version 6.10.10.0 of Remote Utilities? If this is the case, please try updating to the most recent version, which is, as of this writing - 6.12 Beta 2, as the issue you're encountering might have already been fixed in a subsequent update.
Version 6.12 Beta 2 is available for the download on this page. When updating Remote Utilities please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version to avoid version mismatch that might lead to performance issues and some features not working.

In addition, please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab.

Also please try referring to this KB troubleshooting guide that might provide a useful solution.

Please let us know if the solutions above did not help and the issue persists.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)