Community

Viewer freezes

Peter Collery, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 02, 2019 6:37:57 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Version 6.10.3.0 for both host and viewer.  If I leave the viewer idle for a while and return to it, I can still see the host computer but no actions I take have any effect.  I have to log out and log in again.  I've checked my logs, and don't see any errors, just me logging off and back on repeatedly.  Program is recently installed (i.e. I've never not had this problem).  

I'd be grateful for any help on this.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Feb 04, 2019 10:18:13 am EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

In order to save bandwidth/traffic the session may pause automatically, especially if you minimize the Full Control window. However, it should unpause and get back to normal when you return.

Did you try waiting for a few seconds before closing the Full Control window? What was the result?
Feb 04, 2019 10:22:00 am EST
Also, could you please verify that Pause / Unpause manually is working in your case. Here is a corresponding toolbar menu item:

Viewer freezes - 04 Feb 2019 10:21:54
Feb 04, 2019 7:21:13 pm EST
Hi Conrad -

I'm grateful for your help.  Taking your questions in turn:

When the program "freezes", I can move around the screen but no actions I take have any effect.  I have tried, certainly, for 20 seconds or more.  Also, I can tell by looking at my Outlook inbox (or, I guess, a clock) approximately when the freeze happened, because beyond that time I won't have any new emails.  

The manual pause feature works, and when engaged produces a result exactly like what I'm talking about.  Also, maybe a hint, or maybe another problem, even when the viewer is working, a lot of times clicking on the outlook icon won't restore the outlook inbox.  Instead, I have to right click on outlook in the the program manager and click on "Bring To Front".  

Sorry for the trouble.
Feb 05, 2019 4:24:44 pm EST
Hi Peter,

Just to confirm - when you manually enable Pause and then un-pause is it getting back to normal? I.e. can you pause and un-pause manually?

The next time the screen freezes could you try checking the menu above to see if Pause is enabled and try disabling it?

P.S. We tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't. While the Full Control session may pause if idle , it still gets unpaused without an issue in our tests.
Feb 05, 2019 8:41:19 pm EST
No.  That's not what's happening.  If I have a good connection and I pause, I replicate what happens when I lose my connection.  If the connection is lost, pausing and unpausing doesn't restore it.
Feb 05, 2019 8:42:58 pm EST
Also, I realize now that my log seems to be showing terminated connections.  Are you able to look at it?
Feb 07, 2019 7:25:15 am EST
Hello Peter,

Just wanted to make sure I understand what the original problem is - do you have issues with connectivity in the first place or just this pause/unpause issue?

Feel free to copy the error portion of your Host log here.

Thanks.
Gaz Denson, User (Posts: 26)
Jun 03, 2020 8:37:01 am EDT
Support level: Starter
Having the exact same issue, was a solution ever found?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jun 03, 2020 5:15:09 pm EDT
Hello Gaz,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that I replied to your message in another thread you've created to avoid duplication.

Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)