Community

RU Viewer 6.8.0.1 and Missing Quick View Feature

Links used in this discussion
Robert Persons, User (Posts: 3)
Nov 19, 2017 4:37:43 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I upgraded to RU Viewer 6.8.0.1 from 6.3 and now the quick view feature on the viewer is not working. I used to be able to click on a logged in host and after a second a quick view panel would come up and give me a much larger thumbnail of the host's screen, which I could also pin to the desktop. I found this very useful!

Was this feature taken out... or is there a setting to activate it?  If the feature was taken out, please put it back in!!

Thanks,

Robert
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 19, 2017 5:12:15 pm EST
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your post.

Do you mean Advanced hint window? We didn't remove it, it's still there.  

To enable it, click Tools -> Options -> View tab and check Advanced Hint window.

RU Viewer 6.8.0.1 and Missing Quick View Feature - 19 Nov 2017 05:11:58

Hope that helps.
Robert Persons, User (Posts: 3)
Nov 19, 2017 5:40:20 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello Conrad,

Yes... that is what I was referring to.  I had that enabled, but it wasn't working. I exited the viewer, rebooted the PC, and now it works!

Thank you for your help!

Robert
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 20, 2017 4:05:07 am EST
Hi Robert,

Perhaps there was an issue with the Viewer configuration file after the update. Anyway, we will improve the configuration file mechanism in the upcoming 6.9 release so this problem will be no more in the future.

Don't hesitate to send us a message or ask on the forum whenever you need help.

Thanks!
Hilario Martinez, User (Posts: 3)
Jul 15, 2020 6:29:00 am EDT
This is curious. the only quick viewer reference I found is this entry.
My problem is I get the Quick Viewer windows when I put the mouse over any connection.
I can change the time delay to get it.
But as soon as I take the mouse out of the connection, the windows close.
And I would like to be able to pin it on my desktop somewhere.
I don't know if the problem is I can only see it while I am over the connection (then only ONE quick view at the same time) or it there is some adjustment to configure.
Thanks for any idea.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 15, 2020 12:01:05 pm EDT
Hello Hilario,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean the Advanced hint window? If this is the case, then could you please try pinning the preview window using the Pin button?
RU Viewer 6.8.0.1 and Missing Quick View Feature - 15 Jul 2020 11:58:30

This way, you should be able to pin any amount of preview windows for remote Hosts (please note that you have to log on to the remote Host in order to be able to see the preview window) and place them anywhere on your Viewer's desktop as shown on the screenshot above.

Hope that helps.
Hilario Martinez, User (Posts: 3)
Jul 16, 2020 9:00:57 am EDT
Hello Polina. I have progressed with this problem.
I have a 3 screens configuration PC.
the problem appears in all the screens excepted the MAIN one.
An did some tests changing the main one and I never have any problem in the main one.
In the secondaries screen I have some times the problems and some no. I haven't found any pattern.

What is the problem?
I go the the logged system. Put my mouse on it. Then the quick view (advanced hint windows) appears.
In the main screen it appear just near the icon and I can place my mouse on it and move it.
But if I am in secondaries screens, the quick view windows appears "far" fr om my mouse. And as soon as I move the mouse to get over the windows, the windows close.
I include an image wh ere you can see the big space between both windows.
One curious thing I have discovered taking the screenshot is: after the screenshot the quick windows is stable and I can move it normaly.
I understand this is a weird one and don't expect a solution soon.. Just for your information.
Regards
Attached Files
RU Viewer 6.8.0.1 and Missing Quick View Feature
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 16, 2020 10:37:13 am EDT
Hello Hilario,

Thank you for the clarification.

Perhaps, the issue simply occurs because of the multi-monitor setup. Am I right in assuming that you use the 6.10.10.0 version of Remote Utilities? If this is the case, then could you please try updating to the most recent 6.12 Beta 2 version and see if the issue persists as it might have already been fixed in this release. The 6.12 Beta 2 version is available for the download on this page.
When updating Remote Utilities, please make sure to update both Viewer and Host/Agent as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues and some features not working.

Please let me know if the issue persists after updating to the 6.12 Beta 2 version.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)