Community

Delay compared to other Tools

Links used in this discussion
Michael -, User (Posts: 9)
Aug 14, 2020 9:59:52 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,
today i tested 3 Remote Tools and while i prefer RU for all the configuration possibilities, its the only one with a 1,5second delay. Even if i just mouse over a desktop icon it takes over 1 second for it to be shown on screen. Or when i click a icon. the other 2 competitors take just some miliseconds.

Is that normal for RU? I already changed the FPS to 25 but it did not help. Would a RU server speed up the speed of RU? I am from Europe, has it to do with the RU servers to be far away?
Thanks for this great tool.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Aug 14, 2020 12:18:06 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message.

Am I right in assuming that you use the Internet-ID connection via our public ID-servers? If this is the case, then using the RU Server might help to improve the connection speed/performance. However, please note that the overall speed and performance are only as good as the slowest network segment between Viewer and Host, and using Direct connection is always faster than when using Internet-ID connection.

Please also try enabling the Economy mode feature. In order to enable the Economode, please navigate to the Network tab in Connection properties and select Economy mode as your Network usage mode.

In addition, here's a KB article on improving the remote connection speed/performance that might provide a helpful solution: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/slow-remote-connection-speed-performance/

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)