New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Voice chat not working on Windows 10 host computer

Links used in this discussion
Robert Moore, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 26, 2020 2:00:24 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have a Windows 10 computer running Remote Utilities 6.10.9.0. When I connect to the host computer, also Windows 10, using voice chat with a handheld microphone connected to the viewer computer, no sound comes out of the host computer. This setup works fine fr om the same viewer computer to two other host computers running Windows 10. What should I be looking for on the Host computer wh ere this doesn’t work? Should I uninstall and reinstall the Host program? Thanks.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 26, 2020 4:54:43 pm EDT
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your message.

Before we proceed to further troubleshooting, could you please try updating your Remote Utilities to the latest version of Remote Utilities - as of this writing, it's 6.12.2.0. The latest releases contain a lot of improvements and bug fixes, so the issue you're experiencing might have already been fixed in these updates.

The 6.12.2.0 version is available for the download on this page.
When updating Remote Utilities, please make sure to update both Host/Agent and Viewer as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues and some features not working.

Please let us know if the issue persists even after updating both Host and Viewer to the 6.12.2.0 version.
Robert Moore, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 01, 2020 2:16:39 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello Polina,
Thank you for your reply. Since the 6.12.2.0 version is a Beta version I am hesitant to install it. I am our only tech support if something goes wrong, and I am not a computer wiz. The Beta version says it is known to contain defects, so that has me concerned. I did install the most current released version, 6.10.10.0, on the host and viewer and the problem remained. I noticed the current Beta version has been around for a while. If it is indeed very stable that would put my mind more at ease. Thank you.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 01, 2020 5:12:49 pm EDT
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that despite its name, the Beta version is still a fully functional release as it only contains bug fixes and improvements for the previous Remote Utilities versions. A full list of Release notes is available here.

Alternatively, you can also try using a non-installable Agent and Portable Viewer of the latest 6.12 Beta 2 version first, to see if the issue persists when using the most recent version. We always recommend that our users try updating to the most recent update available as the issue might have already been fixed in the release.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)