New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Dual monitor problems on host

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 12, 2019 9:38:20 am EST
Hello Márcio,

Thank you for your message.

If I click on the monitor button, nothing happens. Or sometimes, it does comes up with the Monitor 1 or 2 to select, I pick 1 and nothing happens. Or sometimes, it does the trick and removes Monitor 2 fr om viewing.

Could you please clarify if I'm right in assuming that you switch monitors using the Remote monitors button on the Toolbar in the Full Control and View mode?
Dual monitor problems on host - 12 Dec 2019 09:30:08
If this is the case, could you please elaborate a bit more on what do you mean by selected monitor 1 as default?
In addition, could you please record a short video of the issue and send it to us to support@remoteutilities.com?

Looking forward to your reply.
Márcio André, Guest
Dec 12, 2019 4:46:09 pm EST
Hello Polina

Yes, that was the button I used and the one I was referring to when I said "monitor button". Sorry the confusion.
Anyway I made a video of a connection where you can see both monitor contents side by side when I login, and when I click that button in the toolbar, nothing happens (other buttons work ok). If I close the connection and open it up again, its fixed.

Video here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gT-_CrjAHSlrCmQiUcaaVvDdSPB8H1Jj

Cheers
Marcio
Dec 13, 2019 8:28:33 am EST
Hello Márcio,

Thank you for the clarification and the provided video.

I have forwarded the video along with the issue description to our developers and asked for their input. We will try to reproduce the issue as well to see if there's anything we can do to fix it.

I'll get back to you with an update soon.
Chris Jones, User (Posts: 6)
Oct 06, 2020 11:28:26 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Any update on this? I am also regularly experiencing this issue.
Oct 06, 2020 3:52:28 pm EDT
Hello Chris,

Could you please clarify what version of Remote Utilities do you use? In case if you use version 6.10.10.0 or an older version, please try updating to the most recent version 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) and see if the issue persists after updating. We recommend that you try updating your Remote Utilities installations first as the issue might have already been resolved in the most recent release.

The latest version 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) is available for the download on this page. When updating, please make sure to update both Viewer and remote Hosts/Agents (and RU Server as well in case if you use it) to the same version as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues and some features not working.

Please let us know if the issue persists even after updating to the 6.12 Beta 2 version.
Chris Jones, User (Posts: 6)
Oct 07, 2020 9:57:55 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Turns out I had the beta version of the viewer but not the host. I now have the beta host installed, so I will see if the problem persists or is resolved over the next few days. I'll report back.
Oct 07, 2020 4:09:41 pm EDT
Hello Chris,

Of course, please feel free to let us know if there are any updates on the issue or in case if you have other questions.

We're happy to help!
Aaron Jensen, User (Posts: 9)
Oct 09, 2020 2:14:27 pm EDT
I am having the same issue.

-Windows 10 2004 x64
-Dual Monitors 1080p, DVI using Geforce 970
-pfSense Firewall
-Viewer & Host are 6.10 (tried 6.12) then went back to 6.10
-Restart the HOST service made no difference.
-Only thing I came up with was rebooting the Viewer laptop & Host PC, then the selection for each individual monitor showed up.
-I do have GoToAssist installed as well.
-Only have one PC with multiple monitors
-Using ID, public ID servers via 443 and RU Server for my address book

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Its impossible to use Remote Utilities without Full Screen Stretched on an individual monitor for an extended period of time.
Oct 09, 2020 6:00:07 pm EDT
Hello Aaron,

Could you please clarify if the issue persists when using the latest 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) version of Remote Utilities as well? If this is the case, then could you please provide a few screenshots or, perhaps, even a short video of the issue (please use version 6.12.2.0 - you can use Agent and Portable Viewer of the latest version if you don't want to update your primary installation). You can send the video/screenshots to support@remoteutilities.com.

Aaron Jensen, User (Posts: 9)
Oct 10, 2020 3:37:05 pm EDT

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Hello Aaron,

Could you please clarify if the issue persists when using the latest 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) version of Remote Utilities as well? If this is the case, then could you please provide a few screenshots or, perhaps, even a short video of the issue (please use version 6.12.2.0 - you can use  Agent  and  Portable Viewer  of the latest version if you don't want to update your primary installation). You can send the video/screenshots to  support@remoteutilities.com .

I upgraded all of my hosts and viewers to 6.12 Beta 2 and all is working.  I tried sleeping my PC a couple of times and seems to still work.  Plan on purchasing this very soon.  Thanks for the quick reply and great support.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)