Community

Searching the Address Book?

Ron Brennan, User (Posts: 40)
Jan 13, 2017 10:28:40 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Good morning Conrad,

Do you expect the planned file transfer improvements to be included in release 6.6?

I don't mean to be pushy, I'm just looking for information.

Ron
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jan 13, 2017 3:09:11 pm EST
Hello Ron,

There will be a few minor fixes in the File Transfer mode. As for the speed with which the directories/folders are displayed, this is going to be fixed in one of the subsequent versions because it requires a little more work than a regular minor fix.
Ron Brennan, User (Posts: 40)
Jan 13, 2017 4:59:14 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Conrad,

File Transfer mode is something we will be using most often. Even the few minor fixes might be worth it to us to wait the relatively short two or so weeks for version 6.6.

Having release information helps my planning.

Thank you.

Ron
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jan 13, 2017 6:27:40 pm EST
Thanks, Ron.
Ondrej, User (Posts: 10)
Oct 14, 2020 10:18:47 am EDT
Are there any plans to improve searching in Active Directory (I guess it work same as in Adress Book)? There are columns with login, IP address, etc., but it search only by computer name. Also some kind of downloading info about computer (logged in user e.g.) when I add computers as connection should be nice.

Thank you.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Oct 14, 2020 11:23:46 am EDT
Hello Ondrej,

Thank you for your message.

Also some kind of downloading info about computer (logged in user e.g.) when I add computers as connection should be nice.

Yes, we already have a similar feature in our wish list that will allow a technician to see more detailed information about the remote Host machine (including if there are any users currently logged in). The information will be displayed on a tooltip or in a separate window. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on this feature yet.

Are there any plans to improve searching in Active Directory (I guess it work same as in Adress Book)? There are columns with login, IP address, etc., but it search only by computer name.

We do have plans to improve the AD synchronizations it would be possible to sync AD tree automatically or on schedule. Perhaps, the search will be improved along the way as well. However, I'll forward this feature suggestion to our Development department for a review, to see if we can improve the Active Directory search in our future updates.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Ondrej, User (Posts: 10)
Oct 14, 2020 11:26:28 am EDT
Polina Krasnoborceva,

Thank you very much for positive answers :-)
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Oct 14, 2020 4:02:28 pm EDT
Hello Ondrej,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with our developers - we will significantly improve the search, for the AD and the address books themselves as well, by adding different search parameters. This will be implemented in our future updates. However, we cannot provide a specific ETA on it yet.

Please feel free to post another message if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)