New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Viewer can't not get host PC screen(got a black screen)

Links used in this discussion
Ian shih, User (Posts: 6)
Jun 04, 2016 11:52:49 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,there!~ it's my first time to try Remote Utilities, it's good software.
I face a problem, Viewer can't not get host PC screen.
I could chat with host PC, but can not control remote host PC (I got a black screen in Viewer.)
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 04, 2016 3:15:15 pm EDT
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your post.

There may be different reasons that cause the issue, but first and foremost you should try to restart your remote Host PC if you didn't do so after Host installation.

Otherwise, please check out other solutions listed in this article:
https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/full-control-and-view-mode-isnt-working-or-unstable/

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Ian shih, User (Posts: 6)
Jun 11, 2016 7:14:33 am EDT
Hi Conrad Administrator,

Thank for your reply.
I’ve restarted Host and Viewer PCs, I still got black screen on Viewer PC.
But I found one thing, if I move Viewer-PC’s mouse on black screen, Host PC’s one is moving, too.
It seems that Viewer PC has successful logged in the Host, but the screen information dosen't transfer out of Host PC.
PS: I’ve tried it on different PCs. The problem still exists, is there any wrong with me?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 13, 2016 6:16:43 am EDT
Hello Ian,

Apart from restarting the Host PC did you also try other solutions listed in that article?
Zomar TV, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 18, 2020 3:03:08 pm EDT
My solution was connecting a monitor to the Host PC as I was trying to run it headless.

I didn't get through all the solutions...I stopped after this step" "Update your Viewer and Host to the most recent version. Follow the Updating Remote Utilities guide."
So I don't know if a further step would have resolved the issue.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 19, 2020 4:55:20 pm EDT
Hello Zomar,

Thank you for your message.

My solution was connecting a monitor to the Host PC as I was trying to run it headless.

We're glad to hear you've figured out the issue and it works for you! However, please note that typically in such cases, it's enough to enable the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings and restart the Host.
Using the latest version of Remote Utilities (as of this writing it's version 6.12.2.0 Beta 2) is also highly recommended as each new version contains lots of bug fixes and improvements, i.e. using the latest version might help in resolving some issues and improving the overall performance.

The latest 6.12.2.0. Beta 2 version is available for the download on this page. When updating, please make sure to update both Viewer and Host/Agent to the same version as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)