Community

Dual monitor problems on host

Links used in this discussion
Márcio André, User (Posts: 8)
Oct 21, 2020 1:44:10 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello Polina

I have sent the email with screenshots and details.

Thank you!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 21, 2020 3:07:19 pm EDT
Hello Márcio,

Thank you. We've received your email.

I've reviewed the screenshots and I see on the screenshot with the Full Control window that both Display 1 and Display 2 are listed in the dropdown menu for the Remote Monitor switch. Could you please clarify if anything happens if you sel ect Display 2 or the Entire desktop options fr om the list?

Looking forward to your reply.
Márcio André, User (Posts: 8)
Oct 21, 2020 3:25:33 pm EDT
Ok, this is tricky now. By the time I took that screenshot, the Remote Monitor Switch button didn't change anything when I clicked on it. I had to close and open the connection again.

But I tried it right now, and the button works. I even closed the connection several times, works everytime.

I hope this is fixed. But it may happen again.
Oct 21, 2020 4:40:53 pm EDT
Hello Márcio,

Thank you for the clarification.

I'm glad to hear it works for you now. However, I'll forward this issue to our developers for a review to see if we can reproduce it and implement a fix in our future updates.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Chris Jones, User (Posts: 6)
Nov 02, 2020 2:15:47 pm EST
I am also still experiencing this problem intermittently. It usually works, but occasionally when I connect, I see both screens and am unable to change the monitor using the menu. Restarting the remote utilities service and reconnecting has always resolved the issue (at least temporarily) for me.
Nov 02, 2020 3:49:27 pm EST
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please confirm if the issue occasionally occurs when using the latest 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 version? If this is the case, could you please try recording a short video of the issue and send it to us to support@remoteutilities.com? We will forward the video to our development department to see if there might be a fix for it.

In case if the issue occurs when using version 6.10.10.0 or any previous version (on any side of the connection), then please update it to the 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 version as well as the mechanism of fetching the remote monitors list was replaced in this release.

Looking forward to your reply.
Nov 05, 2020 12:13:55 pm EST
Yes, I have version 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 of both the viewer and host. I will email a video to your support address.
Nov 05, 2020 5:07:34 pm EST
Hello Chris,

We have received your email. Thank you for the provided video.

I will forward the video along with the issue description to our developers and ask for their input on this.

I'll get back to you soon with their reply.
May 19, 2021 1:35:56 pm EDT
Hello again,

This problem went away for several months but seems to have returned with at least the most recent version (7.0.2.0), which I have on both my viewer and my host side. Same symptoms/behavior as before for me.

Chris
May 19, 2021 3:24:31 pm EDT
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your message.

Please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode checkbox in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. After enabling the checkbox please make sure to restart Host in order for the changes to be applied.

Additionally, please make sure that the remote Host machine has the latest graphics card drivers installed.

Please let me know if the solutions above did not help and the issue persists.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)