New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

screen update refresh

Links used in this discussion
David Steward, User (Posts: 3)
Nov 04, 2020 6:48:48 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Viewer 6.10.10.0, WinXP.  Host 6.10.10.0 Win10. Laptop.
Is there a way of requesting a manual screen update/refresh from the host?
I have a problem that if I scroll down on any of the windows menus, the screen is not updated and I cannot see the next page down.
Also I can't alter the width of windows (in file manager) by dragging an edge.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 05, 2020 4:12:13 pm EST
Hello David,

Thank you for your message.

Please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Settings for Host -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

In addition, before we can proceed to further troubleshooting, please try updating your Host and Viewer to the latest version of Remote Utilities available - currently, it's 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 and see if this helps to resolve the issue. Please note that despite its name, it's a fully functional release as it consists of bug fixes and improvements.
The latest 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 version is available for the download on this page. When updating Remote Utilities please make sure to update both Host/Agent and Viewer as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Please let us know if the solutions above did not help and the issue persists.
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
Nov 05, 2020 5:51:37 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Hello David and Polina.

Fromm my experience, 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 viewer will not work on Win XP.
See page 6 of the Remote Utilities 6.12 Beta thread.

Peter
Nov 05, 2020 6:10:48 pm EST
Thankyou for the prompt responses.
So the answer is no, there is no manual screen refresh.  Maybe this could be a future addition.
I am using legacy capture mode on the hosts, otherwise when the laptop lids are closed, the communication is lost.
I am also not sure whether the Beta viewer will run on XP.
When using remote install, should the viewer should be updated first or last. ( 2 viewers and 2 hosts).
Nov 06, 2020 11:25:08 am EST
Hello David and Peter,

Peter, thank you for your input. This is correct, I apologize for overlooking this in the David's original message.

David, unfortunately, Peter is right - there is a known bug in the version 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 when used on Windows XP, which prevents Viewer running on Windows XP machines from connecting to remote Hosts (you might receive "Access denied" error). However, this issue was already fixed by our developers and will be implemented in our next update which we hope to release very soon (approximately, by the end of this year, but hopefully, even sooner).

One more thing - could you please also try enabling the Capture alpha blending windows feature in Connection properties -> Additional Properties tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue with Windows menus?

So the answer is no, there is no manual screen refresh. Maybe this could be a future addition.
I am also not sure whether the Beta viewer will run on XP.

Yes, unfortunately, the only other solution here is to wait until we release our next update with the implemented fix for WindowsXP machines - then you should be able to update to the latest version and see if this helps to resolve the issue. We will make sure to notify you in this thread as well as soon as the new version is released. Sorry for the inconvenience.

When using remote install, should the viewer should be updated first or last. ( 2 viewers and 2 hosts).

When using Remote Install Tool feature, you should always update the Viewer first. Actually, updating Viewer first is recommended, regardless of the update method chosen to update the Host. For more information on updating via Remote Install Tool please see this page.

Hope that helps.
Nov 06, 2020 4:58:43 pm EST
Thankyou. I will await the update.
Also, enabling the Capture alpha blending windows feature didn't seem to make a difference.
Nov 09, 2020 9:58:24 am EST
Hello David,

Thank you for the update and sorry for the inconvenience! In this case, I will notify you here in this thread as soon as the update for Remote Utilities is available for the downloading on our website, so you could update your installation and see if the issue persists.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)