New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Strange graphics behaviour

Links used in this discussion
Richard Moser, User (Posts: 6)
Nov 06, 2020 6:40:55 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have recently built a new machine which uses a Quadro RTX 4000 graphics card. When I connect a monitor to the machine, everything works fine. When I connect uses RU, everything appears ok initially (graphics all normal), but certain programs do not function properly. For example, when I open MS Word, I cannot then start a new document or open one because the graphics panel is blank. The real issue is when using SolidWorks (one of the reasons I bought the specific graphics card), where again the graphics window is blank. It does not seem to be a software (Word or Solidworks) issue or a hardware issue, because when I swap again to a direct connection to the monitor, all works perfectly. It seems that RU is somehow blocking some aspect of the graphics display. Has anyone else experienced the same type of issues?

I'm running 6.12.2.0 (viewer and host).

Richard
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 06, 2020 6:58:37 am EST
Hi Richard,

Please, try enabling the "capture alpha blending windows" option in Connection properties (it's on the Additional properties tab) and see if it resolves the issue.
Nov 06, 2020 7:03:32 am EST
Unfortunately, there's no change using that option.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 06, 2020 1:15:09 pm EST
Hello Richard,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Settings for Host -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue?

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Nov 06, 2020 3:03:34 pm EST
I already have that set (without it the remote session doesn't work at all).
Nov 06, 2020 3:39:34 pm EST
Hello Richard,

Could you please send us a screenshot of the issue, so we could forward it to our developers and ask for their input on this? For example, you can send us a screenshot of the MS Word window, so that the blank panel would be visible. You can send the screenshot to support@remoteutilities.com or post it here (please feel free to blur/conceal any sensitive information on the screenshot).

Looking forward to your reply.
Nov 17, 2020 6:24:00 am EST
An update for anyone who has suffered the same problem. After some research on the internet, I decided to buy a display emulator. Since it was less than €10, it seemed worth a try. I'm pleased to say that this has solved my issue completely - I can now run the system headless but with full graphics output.
Nov 17, 2020 9:24:05 am EST
Hello Richard,

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue and it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions or need further assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)