Community

Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 02, 2020 9:26:53 am EST
Hello Will,

Thank you for your message.

Also, the mouse back/forth functions on the remote mouse are not being sent over to the host, was this ever supported?

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this? Do you mean the back/forth functionality provided by the additional buttons on a mouse? If this is the case, then unfortunately, this feature is yet to be implemented. However, we already have it in our wish-list and will make sure to add the support for extra buttons in our future updates.

It turns out that the discoloration is coming from the blank screen option on my end, as soon as I disable it the display returns to normal.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue that is caused by a new blank screen mechanism specific features - the "driver method" was discontinued since the 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 version as it is outdated and soon won't be supported by Windows at all. Besides, the new method is more versatile - namely, it works on laptops without blocking out the brightness controls (whereas the driver method has such a problem). Unfortunately, there are some downsides like the degraded colors when the blank remote screen feature is enabled. However, we'll do our best to improve the feature in our future updates.

Is there a paid version of the software? We'd like to get faster response similar to [censored] , specially during the "work from home" period.

Yes, we provide paid licenses as well which include different support levels and support channels. Please note that we provide technical support in EST timezone; from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday only. However, we try our best to respond as fast as we can. For more information on average response time for different support levels, including the Free license users, please refer to our Support Policy page.

Hope that helps.
Will Jim, User (Posts: 10)
Nov 02, 2020 10:36:43 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Polina,

Thanks for your answers. Do you have a beta thread to upload feedback on that? Attached is an error that continues to happen ever since beta 2 was installed on our system. The connection I have is reliable and high-bandwidth.
Attached Files
Nov 02, 2020 1:51:41 pm EST
Hello Will,

Yes, here's a dedicated forum discussion.

However, before we can proceed to further troubleshooting please try referring to this KB troubleshooting article that covers the most common factors that might be causing such connectivity issues and might provide a helpful solution.
In addition, it seems like the issue might be caused by some antivirus/firewall software activity preventing the Host service from running. In this case, please try adding the Host installation folder to your antivirus/firewall exception list as described here.

Finally, in case if the solutions above did not help, please feel free to send us the Host logs for examination. You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com.

Hope that helps.
Nov 04, 2020 1:53:49 pm EST
Polina,

I have no issues with the firewall, I am able to connect without issue. The RDP errors are occurring randomly. I do have two sessions open in order to view my dual monitor setup, since this is not supported yet.

-Will
Nov 05, 2020 2:21:52 pm EST
Hello Will,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please let me know if you use Full Control and View connection mode or if you connect to the remote Host via RDP-over-ID?

In either case, it would be very helpful if you could provide us the log files from the remote Host machine for the time period when you received the error message. This way, it would be possible to forward the logs along with the issue description to our development department for further examination in case if we see something in the logs that could point to what might be causing the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.
Nov 07, 2020 2:42:58 am EST
Polina,

I have been using Full Control, that's when the error happened. Tonight I tried RDP-over-ID it seems more stable than Full Control and with less lag. I am sending the logs to support to see if they can pinpoint the issue.

-W
Nov 09, 2020 11:54:07 am EST
Hello Will,

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, we did not receive your email. Could you please try resending it one more time to support@remoteutilities.com?

As for the RDP mode - please note that the RDP mode in Remote Utilities just launches the native Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection client from within Remote Utilities and connects to a remote computer using the RDP protocol. Given the fact that it comes from the Microsoft themselves, it's not surprisingly that RDP might be the fastest on the market.

Nov 13, 2020 1:52:20 am EST
Polina,

I submitted my log files, any update on the issue?

-W
Nov 13, 2020 10:01:51 am EST
Hello Will,

Thank you for the provided log files.

I've examined the logs and noticed the following error entry:
Internet-ID: Unable to connect to ID server. Address: id.remoteutilities.com; Port: 443; Socket Error # 11002 (EIdSocketError)
As quoted from Windows Sockets Error Codes:
WSATRY_AGAIN
Nonauthoritative host not found.
This is usually a temporary error during host name resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server. A retry at some time later may be successful.

This error entry might be pointing at some connectivity issues with our servers at the Host end. Specifically, this could be caused (from our prior experience) not even by the Host computer itself but rather a network router through which the Host accesses the Internet.

Could you please, if possible, try connecting from the same Viewer to some other Host located in another network and see if the issue occurs in this scenario as well? This will help us to isolate the issue to see if it's caused by the unstable connectivity at the Host's side or if there might be some other reason.

Nov 25, 2020 2:28:04 am EST
Hi Polina,

I am also seeing a password error during an RDP connection. Not sure why I am getting the error since I know my credentials are correct.
Attached Files

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)