New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Remote Utilities 6.12 Beta

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 09, 2020 1:51:47 pm EST
Hello Mark,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, in the latest version 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 we've discontinued the Monitor driver and replaced it with another screen blacking mechanism that also allows to set up a custom text to be displayed on the remote screen when it's blanked. For more information please see the Release Notes page.

The Monitor driver is automatically uninstalled when you update Host to the latest 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 version. It's available for download on this page.
When updating Remote Utilities please make sure to update both Viewer and Host/Agent to the same version as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Hope that helps.
Mark Purcell, User (Posts: 5)
Nov 09, 2020 6:44:24 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Excellent, thank you! I assume all hosts would need upgrading if the viewer is upgraded? Also, does this upgrade keep all settings and configured connectons so it's just a simple install of the beta2 host and viewer versions? Thanks.
Nov 10, 2020 1:29:27 pm EST
Hello Mark,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

I assume all hosts would need upgrading if the viewer is upgraded? Also, does this upgrade keep all settings and configured connectons so it's just a simple install of the beta2 host and viewer versions?

We recommend to always update Viewer first and then update Hosts, but in small groups (or try updating 1-2 Hosts prior to updating the rest of them), rather than all of them at once.
Yes, it's advised to update all of the Hosts to the same version as Viewer to avoid version mismatch - we still provide as much backward compatibility as possible, however some of the features (especially new features or bug fixes) might not work as expected.

Regardless of the update method you choose, Host's settings from the previous installation are always saved and carried over to the updated installation (unless you use Advanced Update method along with a custom MSI installation file). Viewer's settings and connections in the address books are always carried over to the updated version as well (unless you explicitly remove them from your system as described in our complete uninstallation tutorial).
For more information please see our guide on updating Remote Utilities.

Hope that helps.
Mark Purcell, User (Posts: 5)
Nov 10, 2020 11:38:38 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
OK, that's good. The reason I asked is sometimes beta software is completely standalone from released software for testing purposes so I was just checking. Great support, thanks!
Nov 11, 2020 12:56:10 pm EST
Hello Mark,

Of course, we're happy to help!

Please feel free to post another message if you have other questions or need further assistance.
Dec 02, 2020 4:40:55 pm EST
Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that we've released an updated version of Remote Utilities 6.12.3.0 Beta 3 + RU Server 2.9.6.0 Beta 3. In this update, we've fixed the issue with Windows XP compatibility and also significantly improved the File Transfer connection mode. The full Release Notes list is available here. We're also preparing a more extended blog post in which we will share more information on the newly added features.

The latest 6.12.3.0 Beta 3 version (and 2.9.6.0 Beta 3 version for the RU Server) is available for download on this page. Please make sure to update Viewer and Host/Agent (as well as the RU Server) to the same version to avoid the version mismatch.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
Dec 02, 2020 5:03:12 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Hi Polina.

I've just downloaded the beta 3 and installed the Viewer on my primary XP machine.  I can now connect with it to my primary Win 7 machine (which is still at beta 2).  Too late this evening to do any further tests.

Many thanks for the long-awaited update!

Peter
Edited:Peter Gray - Dec 02, 2020 5:04:22 pm EST
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Dec 03, 2020 2:18:38 am EST

Polina wrote:
This is to inform you that we've released an updated version of Remote Utilities  6.12.3.0 Beta 3 + RU Server 2.9.6.0 Beta 3 . In this update, we've fixed the issue with Windows XP compatibility and also significantly improved the File Transfer connection mode.

Really glad to hear that! Looking forward to the released version for installation.
Vasilis Lourdas, User (Posts: 19)
Dec 03, 2020 2:34:17 am EST

Polina wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that we've released an updated version of Remote Utilities  6.12.3.0 Beta 3 + RU Server 2.9.6.0 Beta 3 . In this update, we've fixed the issue with Windows XP compatibility and also significantly improved the File Transfer connection mode. The full Release Notes list is available here. We're also preparing a more extended blog post in which we will share more information on the newly added features.

The latest 6.12.3.0 Beta 3 version (and 2.9.6.0 Beta 3 version for the RU Server) is available for download on this page. Please make sure to update Viewer and Host/Agent (as well as the RU Server) to the same version to avoid the version mismatch.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi Polina, thanks for the great news about the release of a newer beta. So, considering the fact that the new beta expires on March 1st 2021, should we expect the newer stable release later than this date or not?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 03, 2020 4:11:38 am EST
Hi Vasilis,

The stable release will be available earlier than that, of course.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)