Community

[ Closed ] Remote Utilities 6.12 Beta

Links used in this discussion
Vasilis Lourdas, User (Posts: 19)
Dec 04, 2020 5:38:31 am EST
Hi,

Does the b3 host work correctly with the relay server in b2? I'm asking because I have installed b3 of host in a Windows XP PC, which is registered to connect to the b2 relay server, but using the b3 viewer, I cannot logon to the host PC, I get a "No response from server".
Dec 04, 2020 6:53:57 am EST

Vasilis Lourdas wrote:

Hi,

Does the b3 host work correctly with the relay server in b2? I'm asking because I have installed b3 of host in a Windows XP PC, which is registered to connect to the b2 relay server, but using the b3 viewer, I cannot logon to the host PC, I get a "No response from server".

It seems that the b3 viewer is somehow problematic. Using the latest stable viewer to connect, there are no issues.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 04, 2020 7:14:06 am EST
Hello Vasilis,

Vasilis Lourdas wrote:

If you decided to use/test beta version we recommend that you update all modules rather than just some of them. For example, if you use Viewer and Host beta 3 we highly recommend that your server is also beta 3. We cannot guarantee correct work if there is version mismatch, even in the case of beta. Besides, the beta version per se is supposed to have bugs (hence it's beta) which need to be revealed and fixed by the final release.

As far as beta testing we also recommend that you always keep it separate from your production environment and not entirely rely on beta for mission-critical tasks. For example, if you want to test new beta features you could run another self-hosted server with beta installed and test it with Viewers and Hosts of the same beta.  

Thanks.
Dec 04, 2020 8:09:41 am EST
Hi Vasilis,

If you still experience issues please try the following:

- Uninstall Viewer (using Windows settings -> Apps)
- Download the beta Viewer installer from the site (Download -> Windows (beta) and install it

There was a very minor issue with licensing/trial so we just updated the installer without updating beta version number.

Thanks.
Dec 04, 2020 8:23:14 am EST
Hi Conrad,

I used the portable viewer. Should I still try it again with the portable zip?
Dec 04, 2020 8:39:41 am EST

Vasilis Lourdas wrote:

Hi Conrad,

I used the portable viewer. Should I still try it again with the portable zip?

Yes, the portable Viewer has also been updated.
Dec 04, 2020 8:46:52 am EST
Still the same error as before.
Attached Files
Remote Utilities 6.12 Beta
Dec 04, 2020 9:30:49 am EST

Vasilis Lourdas wrote:

Still the same error as before.

Hi Vasilis,

Are you connecting to RU Server beta 2 or to RU Server beta 3?
Dec 04, 2020 9:36:53 am EST

[Hi Vasilis,

Are you connecting to RU Server beta 2 or to RU Server beta 3?

The relay still remains in b2. I cannot upgrade the software at the moment, since there are many users connected and it has solved our initial issues with the stable 2.8.2.0 release. I'd like to keep it to b2 at the moment.
Dec 04, 2020 9:46:03 am EST

Vasilis Lourdas wrote:
The relay still remains in b2. I cannot upgrade the software at the moment, since there are many users connected and it has solved our initial issues with the stable 2.8.2.0 release. I'd like to keep it to b2 at the moment.

We will test this configuration in our testing laboratory and let you know if we manage to reproduce the issue.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)