New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Exception EOleException in module rutserv/exe at 00151C47.

Links used in this discussion
James Berry, Sr., User (Posts: 2)
Dec 06, 2020 10:16:05 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
While installing the Host service (Host6.10.exe and Host6.10.msi), receive the above titled message along with the following - The system cannot find the file specified. Upon clicking the OK button, the Remote Utilities - Host - Installation Wizard completes. This leaves the Host module partially installed and limited in functionality.

I Have tried both HOST installations and both receive this error. I need to find out how this can be corrected.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 07, 2020 12:54:50 pm EST
Hello James,

Thank you for your message.

Perhaps, the Host installation file or the rutserv.exe file was somehow corrupted, for example, by some antivirus software. Please try cleaning up your installation by following this complete uninstallation guide and then re-installing Host from scratch.

Also please try installing the latest 6.12 Beta 4 version instead of the 6.10.10.0, as the issue might have already been resolved in one of the most recent updates. It's available for download on this page.
When updating, please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

In addition, we highly recommend that you add the Host installation folder to the antivirus software exceptions list to avoid future problems that might be caused by antivirus software activity.

Please let us know if the issue persists even when installing the latest 6.12. Beta 4 version.
Jeremie Roberge, User (Posts: 5)
Dec 07, 2020 5:33:42 pm EST
I am having this same problem with all of my clients now. I use the portable Remote Utilities program for all of my clients. I have deleted the Remote Utilities folder from my clients AppData/Roaming folder. I have also downloaded the latest portable installer, made the exceptions in my anti-virus software and tried to run the Remote Utilities program again and I am still getting the same error. I closed the anti-virus software completely and deleted the Remote Utilities folder again. I downloaded the beta version of the portable installer this time and I am still getting the same error. I checked the registry and there are no entries for Remote Utility. I'm assuming there wouldn't be any entries considering I am only using the portable installer. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jeremie
Attached Files
Exception EOleException in module rutserv/exe at 00151C47.
James Berry, Sr., User (Posts: 2)
Dec 08, 2020 2:24:20 am EST
I was able to install the latest 6.12 Beta 4 Host and Viewer programs, but the Beta programs are not fully vented so I will revert back to the 6.10 programs on Tuesday evening. I have 3 PCs that I have these on, which are all running Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, Build 19042.662.

I am running just the Host on the PC that I had the issue and I followed the following steps:

1) Followed the Installing and uninstalling guide to uninstall Host 6.10.10.0 from the system.
2) Rebooted the PC into Safe Mode with Networking and ran the PC scan and repair solution, Restoro. When finished, rebooted the PC into normal mode.
3) Disabled my antivirus software and installed Host 6.12 Beta 4. Upon completion rebooted the PC.
4) Created an exception in my antivirus software to avoid future problems from the Host installation folder.
5) Edit the Host to configure options and restarted.
6) Followed steps 3-5 above on my other 2 PCs and installed Viewer 6.12 Beta 4 as well.
7) Tested.

I have not had any additional installation issues. As stated previously, I will uninstall 6.12 Beta 4 and reinstall 6.10.10.0 Tuesday evening. I will update this post once I have completed the task. Thank you, Polina for your help.
Dec 08, 2020 8:54:49 am EST
Hello Jeremie,

I use the portable Remote Utilities program for all of my clients.

Could you please clarify if you mean the Agent module?
If this is the case, then please note that you only need to remove the following:
1. The Agent ".exe" file
2. The folder C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Agent\
3. The following registry entry:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Usoris\Remote Utilities

Please try removing the above files and rebooting the machine where the issue occurs. After the machine is restarted, please re-download Agent from our website or re-configure a custom Agent package and try running it to see if the issue persists. Please note that it's recommended to use the latest 6.12.4.0 Beta 4 version.

Please let us know if the steps above did not help and the issue persists.
Dec 08, 2020 9:12:17 am EST
Hello James,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that the latest version works for you!

Please note that we do not recommend downgrading to previous versions. However, it's unlikely that the issue can re-occur, since it's usually caused by damaged/corrupted files.

Please let us know if the issue reoccurs again or if you have any other questions.
Dec 09, 2020 12:06:14 pm EST

Polina wrote:

Hello Jeremie,

I use the portable Remote Utilities program for all of my clients.

Could you please clarify if you mean the Agent module?
If this is the case, then please note that you only need to remove the following:
1. The  Agent ".exe" file
2. The folder  C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Agent\
3. The following registry entry:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Usoris\Remote Utilities

Please try removing the above files and rebooting the machine where the issue occurs. After the machine is restarted, please re-download Agent from our website or re-configure a custom Agent package and try running it to see if the issue persists. Please note that it's recommended to use the latest  6.12.4.0 Beta 4  version.

Please let us know if the steps above did not help and the issue persists.

Hi Polina,

Yes the Agent module. I'll try your solution and report back soon. Thank you.

Jeremie
Edited:Jeremie Roberge - Dec 09, 2020 12:07:11 pm EST
Dec 09, 2020 3:08:21 pm EST
Hello Jeremie,

Of course, please feel free to let us know if there are any updates on the issue or if you have other questions.
Dec 14, 2020 12:27:03 pm EST
Hi again,

So I tried deleting the whole Remote Utilities folder in AppData, I deleted the whole Usoris entry in registry and I restarted the computer and redownloaded the Remote Utilities Agent but I am still getting the same error when go to launch the Remote Utilities Agent. I checked my anti-virus again and even closed it out completely but no luck. I tried to recreate the problem at home but everything worked fine. It is only some computers that I am having trouble with this and I also seem to have figured out that it might have something to do with Microsoft's latest Windows 10 version of 20H2. Have you been able to recreate the problem or have you figured out a solution to this yet?

Thank you,
Jeremie
Dec 14, 2020 2:46:48 pm EST
Hello Jeremie,

Thank you for the update.

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this issue as it manifests itself in certain conditions only.
However, I've forwarded the issue to our development department and asked for their input on this, to see if there's something that can be done to fix the issue.

I'll get back to you with their reply soon.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)