Community

This authorization method not enabled in remote host settings

Links used in this discussion
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Dec 09, 2020 9:58:03 am EST
I am using viewer 6.10.10.0 on Win 7 pro and the host is 6.10.10.0 on Win 7Pro (I have completed the TLS reg fix on both viewer and host). The RUT Server is 2.8.2.0  The authorization method on the host and the viewer is set to single password but I am still getting this message. The host in the viewer has a caution sign that says there is "a newer version of the host available" but when I look at the settings on the host, it shows 6.10.10.0.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 09, 2020 11:30:20 am EST
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you have any other authentication method enabled in the Host's s settings on the Authentication tab? In addition, please let us know what authentication method is selected in the Connection Properties -> Authentication tab?
Also, am I right in assuming that you use the RU-Server as a relay server only, or do you also use it as an auth server as well?

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 09, 2020 11:46:07 am EST
The rut server is also the auth server. The settings I have for the host and the viewer is set to single password for authentication
Dec 09, 2020 12:44:34 pm EST
Hello Rob,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also double-check if you have the Force custom server security checkbox enabled in the RU Server -> Address book manager -> Users settings?
This authorization method not enabled in remote host settings - 09 Dec 2020 12:43:56

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 09, 2020 12:49:46 pm EST
It is checked.. Should I uncheck it?
Dec 09, 2020 1:26:28 pm EST
Hello Rob,

Yes, please try deselecting the checkbox as if this checkbox is enabled, you will only be able to connect to the Hosts using the Custom Server Security authentication method (provided that you've signed in on the Server first). Please also make sure to apply the changes by clicking a green checkmark icon on the Server's Address Book Manager's toolbar.

Please let us know if this helped to resolve the issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)