New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Connect to the Agent inside active RDP

Links used in this discussion
p p, User (Posts: 7)
Dec 20, 2020 6:33:36 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I wonder if it is possible to connect to Agent, which starts inside active RDP.
For example: on a costumer's office computer, the Agent starts normally and I can connect  with RutViewer to the user's desktop.

Now, now for pandemic reasons, the customer works from home and is connected to his office computer with RDP.

When he starts (inside his RDP session) the Agent in his usual way, I can connect with viewer, but my screen is black and I can't do anything.

I understand I can connect one level before - to his home computer and then enter with him to the RDP session, but for some reasons I don't want to connect to his home  computer and accessing his home desktop.

Is there any workaround about it?

Thanks..
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Dec 21, 2020 4:33:08 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

When he starts (inside his RDP session) the Agent in his usual way, I can connect with viewer, but my screen is black and I can't do anything.

Could you please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Agent's Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue? Please note that the remote user might need to restart Agent in order for the changes to be applied.

Please let me know if the solution above did not help and the issue persists.
p p, User (Posts: 7)
Dec 23, 2020 8:49:28 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I tried with Use legacy capture enabled, but the problem remains the same: black screen.
Dec 23, 2020 11:14:07 am EST
Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I've forwarded the issue to our developers and asked for their input on this. I'll get back to you with their reply soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dec 23, 2020 1:37:48 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on the issue with our developers - unfortunately, running Agent inside of the RDP session will most likely not work. Please consider using Host instead - you can simply install it on the remote machine, then connect to it while the other user is already connected via RDP and choose the user's terminal session on the Full Control window's Toolbar using the Terminal sessions button:
Connect to the Agent inside active RDP - 23 Dec 2020 01:32:04

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)